Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Stupid situation that came up last night (long, boring)

[ QUOTE ]
you didn't leave, did you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No of course not, although original she was yelling about going to find my friends and leave but as soon as I went to talk to the women holding the list who let us in she just said, well you already have a bracelet so there's really no problem.

And there is no way this girl thought it was a date, I just ran into her the night before when I was with a bunch of other people and she made a pretty open offer to come with her and her other girlfriend saying she could get a bunch of people in.

I thought she was over it finally until she lost her mind at the end of the night when she couldnt get into VIP.

I was definetly in the wrong but I did everything I could to apoligize and make it better, Im not sure what this thread is really about but something about how people need to react appropraitly when [censored] goes wrong, I think it just says something about peoples mental state when they constantly freak out about little things and sont let them go ever.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I be totally pissed about this, or was I in the wrong in some way?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, a girl invited you to a sweet party you otherwise would have had no business at and asked you not to go in without her. You got tired of waiting for her, so you went on your own and totally [censored] the girl over by using her name and invitation to get you into the party in direct violation of the promise you'd made to her. Now you want to know if you have a right to be pissed off at her.

Yeah, it sounds like she freaked too much but none of this happens if you keep your word and don't go in without her.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

What about this part?

"I was pretty pissed but w/e Im going to have fun so I just ditch her as soon as I can and go about my business. I then run into another girl that I know well who offers me an extra VIP pass and they are starting to shut down the regular bars in this place so I happily go with her. On the way there I run into crazy girl who invited me and she asks about the VIP thing around my neck and I tell her I ran into a friend just going to have a drink blah blah blah, she's like "Oh yeah Im VIP too" so I just say ok, see you in there and leave.

She then calls me after not being able to get into this part of the Castle and starts yelling at me and texting me that I have to leave. WTF. I wanted to cuss her out but I also dont want people to hate me so I just tried to be nice about it."
Old 09-14-2007, 01:48 PM

Also the VIP incident happened about 3 hours after the getting in incident during which time we had talked about other stuff and she appeared to have calmed down etc.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 PM

Apathy,

It sounds like she overreacted, but I also don't think you acted well. First off, you should have at least called her before going in. Secondly, you shouldn't use her name at the door without her knowledge, especially when she explicitly told you not to go in without her.

Girl invited you, you accepted and went as her guest. I think you should show a little more respect to her when you're her guest.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people need to react appropraitly when [censored] goes wrong, I think it just says something about peoples mental state when they constantly freak out about little things and sont let them go ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree 100%. I get life-tilted when other people go on life-tilt and can't check themselves. She probably didn't even realize how badly she was freaking out, and I doubt she felt bad even when she did realize. People who let their emotions run wild and dominate their lives usually have convenient excuses for why it was OK: they got cut off in traffic, someone didn't do what they expected, etc.

Agree with El D that you were in the wrong too, but still. Chill bitch!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:01 PM

My thoughts:

1. She was proud of being able to give someone a "favor" (new job and all)

2. She is upset at you for using her name without you being in there (understandable)

3. Wanting you to leave or whatever is stupid. It just makes things worse.

4. The VIP thing just made her look and feel like [censored].

5. She probably talked a lot of [censored] behind your back.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:24 PM

El D,

what happened exactly was that I talked to her on the phone she said she would be there in 5 mins (we were almost there) but to wait until she is in and then calls us. I communicate this to my group (3 girls and a dude). One of them suggests just trying to get in and they go ahead to do that, then they wave me over since it wasnt a problem so Im thinking ok sweet now this girl who invited us doesnt have to deal with this when she gets here and we can go in, win, win.

Obviously I should have not used her name w/o her being there but its not like she wasnt going to be there any minute.

Even given all that I still apologized a million times and went outside to make sure she wasnt getting in trouble with anyone.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Shadow,

do you think I should have left VIP when she couldnt get in there? I think that would be a ridiculous expectation, I did talk to the bouncer about her coming in and they said no and she was with her roomate so she wasnt alone or anything.

I also really dont care if she talked [censored] about us, all my friends saw how much she overreacted.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:30 PM

For someone who chose the handle "Apathy" you sure do care a lot about this situation.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shadow,

do you think I should have left VIP when she couldnt get in there? I think that would be a ridiculous expectation, I did talk to the bouncer about her coming in and they said no and she was with her roomate so she wasnt alone or anything.

I also really dont care if she talked [censored] about us, all my friends saw how much she overreacted.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah man, [censored] her. personally if she was screaming and making a huge scene i would leave just b/c i think it makes me look bad.

i actually think you were being more then reasonable (except with the name thing), i would not apologize more then once (and offer to buy her a drink).