Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Official review thread, Bond18, Tilt $75

27. I like checkraising the turn with the boat better than donking the river.

Agreed, i think that was unnecessarily fancy and lost value.

90. I guess you are really anti-limping, but when hijack limps, I would just limp behind with the 3s. This gives you good implied odds for a set and position to take the pot postflop.

Actually with stacks, i think limp>raise here. Had there been antes though, i lean towards raising.

122. ComeonPhish is LAG regular, but he raised over 4x BB from hijack. He actually had AQ, which makes me think 4x from him has its conventional online meaning, and he was likely to have a pp that dominated your 77, so I would not resteal here.

I thought hard about this one. Had some random 4 X'd i'd fold, i figured COP having played so much couldn't possibly be stupid enough to turn his hand face up for the standard 4X raise of 77-QQ/AQ/AK. I was wrong.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Incidently, this is more appropriate for HSMTT, and the one you posted from the $25 MTT in HSMTT had a lot of basic errors and was more appropriate to SSMTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, back with the 25 we didn't really do them in SSMTT yet. With this i said i'd get the ball rolling but after realized this was closest thing i had to an appropriate smaller one where i went semi deep.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:39 PM

hand 56: you raise limper with Ts8s and get a Kc Jc Qd flop and c bet. Don't you think the chance of being cr'd off this hand is very high and it'd be best just to check? If he checks again on turn maybe think about c betting then?

btw: is this a specific read on villain that you raised with this hand pre-flop, or do you often raise here regardless of reads?

I thought for a bit on this flop. Because villain is pretty passive and weak i think he's a good one to isolate pre with a raise. I think a good chunk of his range is small and mid pairs, but theres also a lot that hits this board. The bet here is questionable, but since he's kind of passive i think he's more likely to check call the flop and we can take a free river to our OE if we like.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought hand 106 was a little overly loose. UTG raised, MP re-raised, and a push with AJo? I noticed GDS had been your nemesis earlier, raising a lot of your PFR and C-bets. Did you just put him on a move, and coupled that with Pohker getting it in with ATs the hand before?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you made a mistake here. In the hand, the HJ raises and i shove AJo on the button. Then the SB wakes up with a hand and rejams.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Hand 12: I basically would always just check that down unless I hit an A or straight. Isn't the K on the turn like right smack in their ranges? I don't get bluffing at it.

Most of the time, once the limper has checked twice he's often given up on the hand, not always, but quite often. So now i really only need to bluff the other caller, who if he doesn't have a K, and given that i 4X'd pre, will very possibly give me credit for one. Had it been Kh, i'm obv checking.

Hand 27: As I said in your other post, I like check/calling flop and then leading turn and river here.

Hand 28: Guess I found another one of my leaks, because I just loooooove to call here anyway even though we know we're crushed and only getting like 7:1 implied if he moves in every time. How deep you need him to be to call for set value?

I need him to be giving me like 9 to 1 to want to call there, since he'll stack off almost always but occasionally he'll have QQ/KK and the A will flop and he'll shut down. We're obviously always destroyed there pre.

Hand 37: Should I not be opening with these Ax hands on the button??

No, you can, this was likely a result of 9 tabling.

Hand 56: In general, after raising a limper PF, is there anyt flop that you're not c-betting on?

Sure, had this board been monotone in clubs or something i'd never bet. Though considering how weak villain is, i'm going to be betting an awful lot.

Hand 77: Is the 3BB UTG raise here standard for you? You seem to hail from the 'raise less than 3BB PF' camp, and if anything, I would assume this is more true from EP.

I like to discern my raise size by position. In EP i raise full 3X to discourage having to play OOP. I like 2.5X on CO/button because i don't really mind a blind calling since my edge post with position is huge.

Hand 106: Please teach me how to do this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Clearly, i am one incredible poker player.

Hans 122: A 20BB known good player makes it 4BB to go PF. What's your shoving range here? Are you also shoving 22? AJs?

I talked about this in response to Betgo. See that one.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Hand 131: I find this hand to be interesting. I kinda hate calling with that hand OOP against a guy who's opened a ton, but I our stacks are terrible for a reraise because it would likely have to be reraise/fold, which is usually awful. Good fold to the squeeze, I think. Is there any range that you're calling the button raise with AND shoving on the squeeze?

Yea stacks are just so god awful to 3 bet here, as i learned in a post i recently made in HSMTT. I might do this with AK/AA and then jam over his reraise, but honestly i'm likely just 3 betting AK pre.

Hand 132: Is the bet on the flop for value, bluff, or protection? I auto-defaulted to checking these flops when I have a smaller pair, but then I find myself in so many sticky spots on the turn and river, even with position.

Basically, i'm firing just one bullet on this flop. He either has an A and is going to call/raise and i shut down, or doesn't and i fold. In theory it's a, dare i say it, BET FOR INFORMATION!!!

Hand 139: I assume the plan is lead/fold. I kinda like leading here, especially into 2 people because its less likly you're FOS. HU though, do you check/call vs. the raiser?

Yea i like the lead to. Um, HU, idk, i guess chk/call 1? IDK i suck OOP, i'll go hassle NoahSD with that.

Hand 152: LOVE the flop smoothcall. I'd play it the same exact.

Yep, no reason to stop him from spewing into me with some hopeless hand.

Hand 184: Not sure I get this hand. Was your plan all along to limp/reraise? Had he been raising your limps a lot (doesn't seem like it)? We have to know we have like zero FE once he makes it >4BBs PF vs. a limper. Isn't a more effective way to get it in PF to just open from the SB?

This is basically a reaction to the players at this level. Not a lot of guys at this buy in resteal very light, so if i raise and he jams i'd prolly have to hate life and fold. However, plenty of guys will just raise limpers in their BB, which i can then jam over and normally be ahead of his range. Sometimes they'll even fold.

Hand 191: I'd just fold UTG with QTo here.

We were near the bubble. I refuse to fold anything near the bubble.

Hand 196: I play the same. What if UTG+1 made it 4BBs PF instead of 2.5BBs? What's the play then?

Prolly fold, he was kind of tight and 4X is a tighter range.

Hand 203: I'd probably just fold this PF because you've been hammering this guy all tourney and I'd want a real hand to do it to him again.

I believe this was on the exact money bubble.

Hand 210: Hmmmm. We're getting over 4:1 PF. Is it awful that I'd probably see a flop here even though we're likely crushed?

Your getting min reraised here by like, QQ+/AK. If you hit your J you might get stubborn and stack off. If you hit your A he'll often shut down or stack you with AK. I used to get stubborn and be like "MIN RAISE ME WILL YOU YOU [censored] ASS!? I CALL!" and then i'd get stacked.

Hand 229: Interesting PF spot, IMO. Is shoving terrible?

Def not, i thought it over. I think it ended up just being my image, but i bet MikeJ could crunch numbers and show me why pushing>folding there.

Hand 232: Gotta love the ol' smoothcall from the guy closing the action on the river with the nuts. LOL.

And you wonder how i win tournaments?

Hand 240: Another interesting spot. I think this is closer to a fold than people think because I would have THOUGHT that our FE was basically zero (apparently I was wrong), but I still shove too.

Yea i know, how did i EVER get two folds here!??!

Hand 244: Mighta shoved here. Close. AQ I'm definitely shoving.

Agreed, it's so close.

Well-played overall, gg.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought hand 106 was a little overly loose. UTG raised, MP re-raised, and a push with AJo? I noticed GDS had been your nemesis earlier, raising a lot of your PFR and C-bets. Did you just put him on a move, and coupled that with Pohker getting it in with ATs the hand before?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you made a mistake here. In the hand, the HJ raises and i shove AJo on the button. Then the SB wakes up with a hand and rejams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I missed it when I went back and re-watched the hand. For some reason, I thought GDS raised UTG and Pokah re-raised. Made more sense when I re-watched it now.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 AM

Hand 204: What's the deal with the flop call? Looking for a backdoor draw?

Hand 229: I like the fold. Going through 5 people with KJo is definately not what you want. From the CO or with 10xBB and lower I'd shove this.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 204: What's the deal with the flop call? Looking for a backdoor draw?

Hand 229: I like the fold. Going through 5 people with KJo is definately not what you want. From the CO or with 10xBB and lower I'd shove this.

[/ QUOTE ]

204. The flop bet was 15% of pot.

229. I don't think you can push here. With 15xBB, I might raise 2-2.5xBB and play JJ+, AK the same way.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
204. The flop bet was 15% of pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? Villain is leading into a MP PFR with a minbet!! He either misclicked or hit the jackpot and is looking for you to raise him. We are calling with A-high and are facing another bet on the turn 99% of the time.

This is raise or fold.