Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 07-23-2007, 02:43 AM

Default .5/1 8/b Dead Aces

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

Seat 1: $14.05
Seat 2: $17.20
Hero: $13.05
Seat 4: $9.95
Seat 5: $91.95
Seat 6: $25.80
Seat 7: $18.60
Seat 8: $17.40

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Vil 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (6.30 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Vil 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds

5th Street - (6.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Vil 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (8.15 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Vil 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

River - (12.15 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Vil 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (14.15 BB)

3rd street: I considered folding because all the aces were dead and the fact that I'm going for high is fairly transparent. I didn't think raising would thin the field, so I ended up calling hoping lowgoers would catch poorly with so many low cards gone and I could get the pot HU on fourth.

4th: The guy with A5 showings check made me think he may have paired the five. The better is obviously going low, I raised hoping to make sure the A5 gets out of the pot, and with so many low cards gone the other 2 manage to brick out.

5th: I make 2 pair, which looks a lot like three jacks to opponents, I bet trying to increase my scoop chances by getting the dude who caught bad out, and diminish slight the amount of times i get scoooped. I think the smooth caller has paired with his four a decent percentage of the time and getting it HU vs him is good for me.

6th: He caught bad, so I bet to get value if has paired a low card, as I am now a huge favorite vs him if that's what he has. He raises, which pretty much spells out I have a low and you can't make one so I'm gonna get money in and freeroll. The pot is big, and with the aces gone he needs exactly 56 in the hole to make a staight so I go into calldown mode.

7th: With the pot this big, my high is good too often to fold here.

Thank you for your input,
Velocity
Old 07-23-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: .5/1 8/b Dead Aces

With two dead Aces and two babies in the pot before you I think folding 3rd would be fine.

I would not raise 4th. Three of your opponents caught great cards and probably are not going to fold.

The 5th and 6th street action is not something you would typically see in a micro limit game. Usually if your opponent has a low here is just going to correctly pop you on 5th to knock out the other player going low. I think the vast majority of players know that much at least that when they hav a low and no one else does they should bet/raise

You are probably up against it but maybe just a low also. Calling down kinda sucks but I would would do it every time.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 AM

Fold 3rd. Your hand is a dog in a multiway pot.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:27 AM

I don't think I've ever mucked Aces on third street. I think I would here, though. You've got a very dead high hand in a multi-way pot with lots of low cards in. There are better spots.

Fourth is definitely a fold. Your hand got a little deader, and you're looking at three strong low boards. No one is folding to your puny raise. Get out.

Once you've caught the second pair, I'm fine with your play.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever mucked Aces on third street. I think I would here, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is exactly what I was thinking here. Never done it, but I might do it here!