Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Super Bowl Conspiracty: Jets v. Colts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oski,
This thread isn't absurd but, I think it's intersting but you really make an ass out of yourself in this thread(not the OP)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Read your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Figures. Another cheap shot by someone unwilling to subtantiate the accusation.

You are entitled to your opinion, for sure, but as is, its nothing but name calling.

So: tally so far in this thread. One poster calls me absurd; another crazy; and another an ass. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:34 PM

If it makes you feel any better, one of the people bitching makes an ass out of himself with nearly every post in this forum.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:37 PM

I like how we are using Wikipedia as the end all for sources of evidence now. Didn't Stephen Colbert teach people anything?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:52 PM

Lou Michaels missed 2 FGs in that game, tho so did Jim Turner. I've read something somewhere about Michaels' brother being given money and/or having 'shady' connections but both men vociferously denied any wrongdoing.

The SBIII movie is pretty cool; all remastered & HD'd. Both team played horribly, except for the Jets long drive fueled by Matt Snell, who should've been the MVP.

The main suspicion over Morrall centers over he didn't spot Jimmy Orr wide open on the flea-flicker. Hell, was Brady on the take when it took him so long to see no one was on Caldwell in the AFC Champ game? IIRC, Morall did have some friends of friends of friends who may have been shady but who knows.

Morrall also threw 3 picks, worst game of his career. Brady played terrible in Denver last year, too.

Morrall played on the '72 Dolphins and took over after Griese was hurt in Week 5 until the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game.

Namath made the Guarantee a few days before the game, and told everyone he knew to bet on the Jets at 7-1, according to the recent (excellent) bio of him.

The book also goes in depth into the Jets strategies for the game; every former Jet interviewed said they were almost over-confident before the game. I've also read the long out of print book on the Chiefs season leading to Supe IV, and Hank Stram similarly vivisected the Vikings films before the game.

Most people around at the time, and I knew quite a few, claim BOTH Ali-Liston fights were fixed. Liston himself wavered on the subject, tho at the end of his life he was hardly reliable.

It can be very hard to process when a huge favorite loses, or when YOU lose as the big fave. Foreman claimed conspiracy for years after Zaire, but later said he just couldn't handle the loss any other way.