Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-24-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

Ok, back on subject....

OP, did you rape anyone in prison?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:43 PM

OP,

when you went to the parole board, how confident were you about your chances and how did it go down?

did people visit you a lot?

what are you up to now, how big of a hinderance was your time in jail?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well according to op, he didn't know that he was involved in any illegal activity.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not really a valid defense you know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone not knowing, hence not displaying the element of criminal intent doesn't count for anything as a defense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Concurrence: [ QUOTE ]
In Western jurisprudence, concurrence, (or contemporaneity or simultaneity), is the apparent need to prove the simultaneous occurrence of both actus reus ("guilty action") and mens rea ("guilty mind"), to constitute a crime; except in crimes of strict liability. In theory, if the actus reus does not hold concurrence in point of time with the mens rea then no crime has been committed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2007, 06:48 PM

Noah,

Fair enough, I didn't read Fly's stuff and I never claimed to agree with it, but the your one liner calling him (and later me) retarded for saying pleading guilty = evidence of law breaking, and OP's line about not having provided anything that is evidence of breaking the law both caught my eye and I think both are incorrect, which I believe I've proved.

Also, fwiw, I should rethink my last post. I said that if he broke the law he's repaid his debt, that's not really true I guess. Although he did do his time, I have to think someone who never admitted breaking the law couldn't have actually repaid their debt. So if he did break the law, he still owes society.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:48 PM

You should have hired Ira Sorkin as your attorney.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noah,

Fair enough, I didn't read Fly's stuff and I never claimed to agree with it, but the your one liner calling him (and later me) retarded for saying pleading guilty = evidence of law breaking, and OP's line about not having provided anything that is evidence of breaking the law both caught my eye and I think both are incorrect, which I believe I've proved.

Also, fwiw, I should rethink my last post. I said that if he broke the law he's repaid his debt, that's not really true I guess. Although he did do his time, I have to think someone who never admitted breaking the law couldn't have actually repaid their debt. So if he did break the law, he still owes society.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So this Jewish white kid (well not a kid 32 at the time)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm picturing the character "Horowitz" from the Sean Penn movie, "Bad Boys."
Old 11-24-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KneeCo,

He was responding to FlyWf who was being retarded. It's not like he was shocked that someone would draw that conclusion, but Fly comes out swinging like the OP was eating babies and posted a picture of the leftovers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the the hell are you talking about?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that if a person does not believe they owe a debt, it is impossible for them to repay this debt?

For example, say I borrow $20 from a friend(For the purpose of this scenario, $20 means a lot more to him than it does to me). A week later, he asks for the money back. I have a terrible memory, and I think I have already paid him back. (I do not believe I have any outstanding debt). Rather than make a big deal out of the situation, I pay him, for what I believe is the second time.

Now, I am paying a debt that I do not believe I owe. Is my $20 still a legitimate payment, or do I have to fully believe that I owe him money in order for my cash to be worth anything?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:23 PM

All,

I started the thread mainly because I thought you would be interested hearing the experiences of someone whose life made a sudden turn, the da's handling of the prosecution is incidental. I do not want to argue as to my guilt or innocence.

Think about it, at the time I was probably only a few years older than most of the posters here. The success I achieved was what I wished for when I was in college. Regardless of how I got there, my $4k/month apt, was changed for a bunk in a 48sqft room with a murderer as a roommate. Surely there are questions of thexperience.