Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 05-14-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Post Removed by Mason Malmuth

I'm sorry, but I have removed your post. There are two reasons for this.

First off, it is simply an advertisement for your future books. While it is our policy to allow authors to answer questions and participate in discussions about their work, we do not allow advetisements to be initiated in the posts. If you want to promote your book in this manner, you may want to consider purchasing a banner ad.

The second reason has to do with our general policy here at Two Plus Two. What we try to do is to steer our readers towards that material which we feel is good no matter who the author or publisher, and away from what we feel is questionable. While it should be obvious that none of us have read your future books, and we cannot comment on them directly, we do have serious questions concerning much of the material your co-author (as another poster has pointed out) has been associated with. So that is another reason why we cannot let your post stand.

If you have any additional questions, I suggest you contact Mat Sklansky.

Mason Malmuth
Publisher
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Old 05-15-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Book Review: Killer Poker by the Numbers, by Tony Guerrera

[ QUOTE ]
As an european, I am put off by your writing, just present the facts already, don't tell me, that I need a pen or calculator or talk about how difficult but healty the following will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed this trend in American text books, too. What is that? It can't be a sales gimmick, because once you get to it, you've already bought the book.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your shorthanded book, although I'm troubled by the choice of person to write the foreword. I would have preferred someone less megalomanic and psychotic and annoying and hysteric and whining.

Cheers,

Smurf

PS: Gelford, you post a lot these days in this forum. Do you miss the books? Shouldn't you be out there, helping our small but great nation navigate the treacherous waters of international economics? Crunching numbers, validating models, revealing the path to untold riches ... or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 12:51 AM

@Tony
Well, if you feel that it caters to your audience, then fair enough. .. as Smurf also points out, it is a trend in american books, but since that is the bulk of your market, I can't really fault you for it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And yes, LOL Sklanskyaments, but you must realize, that great players appreciate his books more than merely good players [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

@Smurf
I've always been fond of books and thus this forum, but no new titles for a while, so I lost interest. But I am reading Stox and following the debate. (and just turned in my thesis a week ago, chillin' time these days [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 05-15-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Post Removed by Mason Malmuth

Mason,

The post you deleted was simply meant to be a response to the question that phydaux asked earlier in this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Tell us more about the book you and John are writing together. Is it strictly NL? When is it due in stores?

[/ QUOTE ]

However, this is your forum, and you can obviously do as you see fit...if you don't want me to answer questions about my future books, I'll respect your wishes.

Tony Guerrera
Old 05-15-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always been fond of books and thus this forum, but no new titles for a while, so I lost interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Smurf:

We have lots of books coming, so your interest will hopefully perk up.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 05-15-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've always been fond of books and thus this forum, but no new titles for a while, so I lost interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Smurf:

We have lots of books coming, so your interest will hopefully perk up.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh ... I think that this is aimed at me

Well your last two titles contained one truly great book and one mediocre, but I'm sure PNL will make up for that, looking forward to it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(And how the Fromm/Zee book will compare to the Stox book is interesting, that is a tough act to follow)

Keep up the good work Mason!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM

I don't think it's inappropriate for an author to discuss works in progress in the book forum. Members of this site are well aware of the high quality of Two Plus Two titles and are also naturally skeptical about books from other publishers. I think we all gain when information and ideas are freely expressed without censorship. Trust the readers of this forum to decide what information is important and relevant to them.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but I have removed your post. There are two reasons for this.

First off, it is simply an advertisement for your future books. While it is our policy to allow authors to answer questions and participate in discussions about their work, we do not allow advetisements to be initiated in the posts. If you want to promote your book in this manner, you may want to consider purchasing a banner ad.

The second reason has to do with our general policy here at Two Plus Two. What we try to do is to steer our readers towards that material which we feel is good no matter who the author or publisher, and away from what we feel is questionable. While it should be obvious that none of us have read your future books, and we cannot comment on them directly, we do have serious questions concerning much of the material your co-author (as another poster has pointed out) has been associated with. So that is another reason why we cannot let your post stand.

If you have any additional questions, I suggest you contact Mat Sklansky.

Mason Malmuth
Publisher
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

As soon as I saw a rival author posting on the 2+2 book forum, the over/under was 48 hours on when Mason would have to censor something.

Not that I fault Mason's policies or the author. Just knew it was coming. Only a question of when.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:35 PM

Hi Robert:

We do encourage other authors and publishers to participate in these discussions and answer questions about their books. We do not allow advertisements, and the no advertisement rule applies other endeavors as well as books.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 05-15-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an european, I am put off by your writing, just present the facts already, don't tell me, that I need a pen or calculator or talk about how difficult but healty the following will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. As an european, I was glad he did, it helped me. If he didn't "push" me I probably would not work hard enough to understand it..

Great book A+