Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming & Hallucinations.

Did you mention that to your doctor? If so what'd he say?...That sounds pretty dam interesting....I doubt a general physician would have any idea though...
Old 11-15-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you mention that to your doctor? If so what'd he say?...That sounds pretty dam interesting....I doubt a general physician would have any idea though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he is a general physician. I dont get freaked out anymore when it happens = I'm not too worried about it. Maybe I'll remember to ask again next time I'm around a physician.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Sorry to derail this thread, which seems to be mostly about Sleep paralysis, but I think this might be worth something:

I've never experienced sleep paralysis, but I do lucid dream very often. I started training myself maybe 6 months ago and these days I can lucid dream 2-3 times a week on average, which is considered very good. It was very easy to train and there are many good articles/websites on lucid dreaming on the internet.

It is awesome. My dreams are very clear. I remember very vivid details. It is a great feeling waking up in the morning and remembering a dream that you controlled. I was in a dream last night and I remember telling myself that this was a dream and to try to keep it going, etc. That is the key, realize you are dreaming, don't get too excited, and just go from there.

The basic plan I used was this:

1. Keep a dream journal next to your bed. When you wake up from dreaming, immediately write down your dream using as much detail as possible. Doing this right when you wake up is important because the dream should be fresh in your mind.
2. Every night before you go to sleep, read over a couple dreams in your journal to get into a good state of mind.
3. Practice. The biggest problem I had when training is that I never realized I was dreaming, as stupid as that sounds. I used to wake up and be like, how did I not realize that was a dream? It takes a lot of practice to realize you are dreaming and to focus enough to keep the dream going.

I didn't go into great detail here but if anyone has any questions about lucid dreaming, let me know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 05:33 PM

I get the sleep paralysis thing all the time, much more so recently probably like 3 times in the past week id say. It happens to me like twice a month or maybe three times and after the first liek five its after the first 3 seconds I start to realize whats going on. It does suck as you are sitting there asking yourself why you cant move your arm or open your eyes and trying so hard but after a while I end up just quitting trying and go back to sleep or at least try. Lucid dreams are just awesome and I get super pissed when someone wakes me up completely when im in one and chasing chicks aroudn or something cool. Last week I got mugged and ended up killing liek 50 people, too bad they were all liek 12 year olds with guns but still I felt like the man.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Completely serious question here,

would a wet dream be considered a lucid dream?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucid dream means realizing you're dreaming while you're still dreaming, so a wet dream would only be a lucid dream if you were aware that you were dreaming while banging the girl.

I've often been able to pass directly from the waking state to the dream state while still maintaining consciousness. It's pretty awesome. They call this a WILD (Wake-Induced Lucid Dream).

For more on learning how to lucid dream at will, read Stephen LaBerge's books and visit www.lucidity.com.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another instance, the scariest, occurred in the same way that the Mario sequence did. I was trying to wake up, but couldn't and it happened before I could open my eyes and confirm/deny the occurrence. A very rapid and bright white light was pulsating right in front of my door. My heart began beating out of control and I tried waking up as soon as I could. When I did, I looked at my door and obviously found nothing. This doesn't sound scary at all, but I was terrified.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of years back. Bright white light near the door to my room. For some reason felt evil/hostile. I tried my best to wake up/open my eyes, but I couldn't. When I did obviously I was pretty scared.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:35 PM

i read this thread, then googled some and [censored] freaked out. was afraid to go asleeping after reading that crap about the midget demons sitting on ur chest.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:24 PM

I was about to go to sleep and now this thread has scared the [censored] out of me, and I already knew about all these things including night terrors. Also, if a Lucid Dream simply means realizing you're dreaming while dreaming I'm fairly certain I've had a decent amount of them over the years, well, probably a lot less than actually happened.

Also, how often do you guys get dreams that extremely scare you/terrifying nightmares while they're happening? I had one this year, only one I can remember having for a while.

[ QUOTE ]
. He realized that a lot of his best ideas for inventions came in his dreams, so he started sleeping in a chair with two spoons in his hands held over a pot, so when he started to doze off, the spoons would fall and wake him up.

Unfortunately for me most of my dreams revolve around pussy, and nightmares, so I don't torture myself like Edison. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]So he is forcing himself into paralysis etc? Wow that is torture
Old 11-18-2007, 01:45 PM

This thread made me insane. I dreamt last night that I had a hallucination.

I was watching TV and I looked in the mirror next to the TV and saw a haunting ghastly figure in some kind of pink dress, I "opened my eyes" (assuming I was dreaming), and saw that it was actually there and it floated back towards the wall. I woke up terrified, assuming I had barely even fallen asleep, when in reality I was asleep for 5 hours. An hour later after watching TV etc I fell back asleep to get a cool 10 hours.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:17 PM

I havent had much of this but I have had one really weird hallination I believe. I thought I was playing lasertag, with me playing from my bed and others running around... I decided that I would cover my door. So I sat With my "gun" (my hand) pointed at the door for a very long time... after what I think was an extensive amount of time I realized that I had imagined everything and went to bed.