Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 07:12 AM

Default US Poker Rooms - UK player

Apologies for what might seem an abvious question!

i'm UK based and I've been playing poker since 2002 on UK or EU poker rooms (such as ladbrokes etc). However, I'm keen on checking out some of the other sites.

Since the "ban" though, I wondered, how safe are the rooms that allow US players are - i.e. does anyone think that in the near future these sites will be shut down and funds seized (are the sites breaking the law?)

If anyone could help me and let me know what they think I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: US Poker Rooms - UK player

[ QUOTE ]
i'm UK based and I've been playing poker since 2002 on UK or EU poker rooms (such as ladbrokes etc). However, I'm keen on checking out some of the other sites.

Since the "ban" though, I wondered, how safe are the rooms that allow US players are - i.e. does anyone think that in the near future these sites will be shut down and funds seized (are the sites breaking the law?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I play from the UK on sites that allow US players and on sites that don't allow US players. With the exception of Pokerstars and Bodog, my experience is that the sites that don't allow US customers treat you better, transfer money to you faster and in my opinion are more trustworthy than the sites that allow US customers.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:54 AM

None of them are based in the U.S., so they pretty much can't get shut down by the American government. Worst case scenario is that is becomes impossible for Americans to get money in or out of these sites and their playerbase dries up.

Since the Legislation, it has gotten harder and harder for Americans to get money online so that an increasingly larger percentage of players are net winners. This is why games on FTP or Stars are generally tougher than ones on Party/Everest/Ladbrokes/etc.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:23 PM

And have better bonuses/RB and worse players...

Apart from MTT's there just isn't a reason for a non-US player to play at the US-oriented sites IHMO..