Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Default flushes

wsex NL100 six max

2 limps hero limps 87s in CO button folds both blinds call
(do u limp after one limper, raise if its folded to u obviously?)

flop A93 all of my suit
ck hj bets 3 hero raises to 8 rest fold HJ calls ( any arguement for just calling here? raise more?)

turn blank pot 21
hero bets 15, villain shoves for 35 more on top, 55 more on top, 85 more on top..... what do u do?

one more flush hand

hero raises T9hh in HJ to 4 villain raises to 9 with 90 behind, rest fold to hero who has him covered... fold here, if not what size 3bet would u or what size stack would make u fold to this raise (and how are the two related really in ur mind)?

if u call flop 843 all [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s
hero cks, villain almost pots into a 20 is there any arguement for not shoving here or cr'ing big? How about if he overpotted to 25 any reason to wait then moreso or less so? what if villain is shorter stacked so he ll basically bet himself all in on any turn with any overpair (so instead of having 70 left he only has say 40? any reasons to wait for improved equity or giving a freecard too much of a concern.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: flushes

1:

this is retarded. A) you should have raised more on the flop and B) this is an easy call.

2: you can fold preflop but im okay with the call. on the flop i raise 2-3x pot, trying to get value from my hand.

i cant really decipher your english, so im meh about all this.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:45 PM

Limp PF is fine. Raising is fine too. Folding is really nitty.

Raise to like 11-12 on the flop. Get all in on the turn. If villain flopped a bigger flush, meh.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1:

this is retarded. A) you should have raised more on the flop and B) this is an easy call.

2: you can fold preflop but im okay with the call. on the flop i raise 2-3x pot, trying to get value from my hand.

i cant really decipher your english, so im meh about all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure what u dont get that I said? U probably could have quoted it or something so I could ellaborate or clearify.

so about hand 1 what do u raise to on the flop then 10-12? i did ask, u could have given me a figure instead of just saying this is retarded...

and about ur b point, is there no stack sizes (u could be infinitely deep or 400bbs and its still a snap call to an overpot shove?) and player description that would have u even question the call for a second?

It feels a bit like my line a) pushes people off a bit when ahead, altho id never consider anything like going for overcalls and b) when I raise flop bet turn I feel like I set him up to take the "give me all ur money call flop cr turn line" but I guess he takes this line enough with sets, 2 pair, the few worse flushes or like AKc (maybe not?) that u can never consider folding for any sized bet even if we have the lowest flush possible (is this true?).

I know the hand seemed like an easy stack off for the most part but just kinda trying to learn this stuff theorectically ya know. cut me a bit of slack [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

it sounds like if u lose this hand its a cooler (not really but ya know what i mean) and nothing u can do about it, but would like to hear some other opinions just for confirmation

hand 2 basically I was just thinking do I want to get it all in now vs a likely 30% equity overpair with a heart or wait til the turn to get it in, guess theres not too many who support those thoughts, just kinda thinking differently about maybe taking an odd line and seeing if it had any merit? Im assuming much less so oop than in position, would u just call there to shove the turn on a blank or still shove the flop in position with the flopped flush?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:22 AM

hand 1 is fine if you stack off. i'd need a really strong read or i'd have to be very deep to ever fold a flush using both my hole cards.

i'd raise to $12 on the flop.

hand 2 i call preflop because the reraise is so small, if he made it any bigger i'd fold. on the flop check-shoving is usually best. any heart can kill your action/hand, an ace might kill your action, but most importantly, not many people fold overpairs, with/without a heart.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 AM

convertor
Old 07-23-2007, 10:27 AM

#1: raise more on flop, but still call turn.

#2: raise to 2.5x or 3x his bet for value.