Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 PM

Default website flipping

I saw a topic on here about website flipping a while back and was wondering if anybody has had some success doing this. I was considering getting a partner or a small group of investors together to flip a couple websites. Anybody with some insight on how its done, can it be successful, and what to expect?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: website flipping

I don't think you could just jump right in and be successful. You need to determine what strengths you have.

For instance if your strength is SEO - find sites that don't rank well that you could quickly optimize.

If your strength is conversion - find sites that have a bad design that you could easily modify to convert better.

Maybe your strength is taking adwords sites and switching them to YPN and other affiliate programs to make more money.

If your strength is PPC - find some arbitrage sites that aren't doing well and make better ads, use other networks, etc.

However in general websites are really cheap. You could also just as easily not do any of the above and buy a website for 10 months revenue, keep the site for 10 months and then sell it for the buying price for 100% profit. However in general sites need some kind of updating over time to keep the traffic going.