Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you climax during sex?
never 7 3.83%
rarely 4 2.19%
sometimes 10 5.46%
often 11 6.01%
nearly always 53 28.96%
always 98 53.55%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2006, 12:37 AM

Default Re: CHI/ARZ Thread

Jesus, any more history made in this game?

Edge - most carries for fewest yards
Bears - only team in NFL history to win down by 20 with no off. TDs
Old 10-17-2006, 12:37 AM

I don't get the Denny Green hating here. His running game is disgustingly awful, but he's got to take some time off the clock -- there really isn't a right move there. Meanwhile, his O-line blows an assignment which leads to a sack and fumble recovery TD, then Urlacher makes a nice strip which leads to another fumble recovery TD, then his special teams give up a punt return TD, then his All-Pro kicker honks a 40-yarder.

How is this Denny Green's fault?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wierd, I thought the Colts were 5-0 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Undefeated teams usually make the playoffs, though.

Colts. Playoffs. Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one on the bears has won more than a playoff game with the team. The Colts have vastly more playoff experience (and success) than Chicago does.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that the colts have never won anything? That doesnt sound too successful to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just stupid. They are the 4th/5th most successful team of the last 5 years by any reasonable measure. The haters love to point out that the Colts haven't won the superbowl, but unless you are the Pats, Steelers, Bucs or Eagles you'd trade your last 5 seasons for theirs in a heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

They havent even been to a superbowl. I guess if your definition of success is doing real well in the regular season, and maybe winning a playoff game, then ok.. they have been successful.

(Im from New England by the way.. GO PATS)

[/ QUOTE ]
But it seems as if you are making a comparison of the Bears and Indy. There is NO comparison with history even going back to before Super bowls were played. Point is, recent history, Indy>>>Bears. I personally believe the bears are superior this year, but that not specifically the point here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt talking about the history of the Colts. I was talking the last couple years.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you meant buckner, which is a big choke, but really, any hit scores the run.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only is Buckner not the bad guy (Schiraldi and Stanley are) but he almost certainly wouldn't have gimped his way to first before Mookie Wilson got there anyway. OT I know, but this always bugs me.

[ QUOTE ]
I take it back, btw. Nick Anderson's 4 missed ft's were the biggest choke ever, then Yankees, then Hoch in the US Open, ( I think)

[/ QUOTE ]
Hoch was the Masters. That's what got him the nickname "Scott Choke".

I want to vindicate myself for a thread a long time ago about Nick Anderson's FT%. People said that after that legendary choke that he returned to form at the line. I found out some time later that he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a FT towards the end of his career. Plus, is anyone here besides me old enough to remember those shots? They were awful. I mean, lucky-to-stay-in-the-arena bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

THe buckner play, i THINK the pitcher would have been there to cover, not positive.

NA's FT's, I don; remember how bad off they were, and I didn't find out until just tonight how bad he got after wards at FT's.

From Wikipedia;
[ QUOTE ]
Psychological disorder

Anderson is well known for his role in sports psychology. After missing four pivotal free throws in the 1995 NBA Championships that led to the defeat of the Orlando Magic to the Houston Rockets, Anderson developed a psychological problem that greatly affected his free throw shooting. His free throw percentage dipped sharply and dropped to 40% at one point. He had developed a fear of shooting free throws as a result of his belief that his missed free throws in the NBA Finals caused the Magic to lose. This was an anomaly as he was considered to be a great shooter. After the help of sports psychologists, Anderson improved his free throw shooting but showed signs of his fear again during the last year of his NBA career.

[/ QUOTE ]

The next year, he shot .692, only slighly worse than his career avg up to that point, but then shot .404, .638, .611, .487 to finish up his career.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:39 AM

He's 1-5. The team is expected to win atleast contend for a WC. They aren't even close. This is a disaster. It's not his fault but he shouldnt' ever lose this game. I mean ever.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tug,

You have no clue about football it seems.

A retarded monkey could have put them on autopilot on they would have won. Bears O sucks. Run/run/run/punt should be v v standard when up by 20 with 1 Q left.

They made up a 20 pt deficit in 15:02 without an offensive score.

[/ QUOTE ]

And considering the fact that the Chicago offense didn't win the game, it was really irrelevant what the Cards did.

The Cards were up 23-10. They got the ball with 9:17. They ran twice and had a completed pass, then punted, so it's the same as what you proposed.

They stop the Bears and get the ball again at 5:53. They run twice, with a fumble on the second play. It's now 23-17.

They get the ball back, and run 2:02 off the clock, but CHI returned the punt for a TD. Even if they followed the run/run/run/punt strategy, it's no different from what happened here.

AZ had 38 rushes for 66 yards. Yet you think they should run more?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt talking about the history of the Colts. I was talking the last couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the last couple of years, their history FAR outstrips anything the Bears have accomplished.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the Denny Green hating here. His running game is disgustingly awful, but he's got to take some time off the clock -- there really isn't a right move there. Meanwhile, his O-line blows an assignment which leads to a sack and fumble recovery TD, then Urlacher makes a nice strip which leads to another fumble recovery TD, then his special teams give up a punt return TD, then his All-Pro kicker honks a 40-yarder.

How is this Denny Green's fault?

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. If anything, I would have liked to see them pass more. You're facing a nine man front, just throw a hitch or slant. Easy completion.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the last couple of years, their history FAR outstrips anything the Bears have accomplished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, whats your point?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:44 AM

Bears have yet to win a playoff game since 1994 even with last years 11-5 team and the 2001 13-3 team that lost to Philly in the Divisional game. You have to give the edge to the Colts lately by a mile.

Green is gone....ROFL. He's done look at that crap.