Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Was thinking about this one

I am in the camp, FWIW, that if we check the turn and the river is a blank that there is like no way he folds the river with any piece so the turn is pretty critical...if anybody thinks check turn, fire river if he checks again.

So, basically, if we are checking the turn we better hit "gin".
Old 07-23-2007, 02:51 PM

Oh...and I think he probably check/calls, check/raises 99,66 or any 6 in his hand..but frankly his range is so huge that this shouldn't be a worry. I think I have hands where he played big hands in 3 bet pots kinda slow.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM

villain can play pretty loose and spewy at times but i wouldn't call him a lagtard. if you don't think he has any reason to make a heroic call then bet w/e you would w/ AA/KK. if you don't think you have fe (can be possible, villain isn't afraid to make big calls at all) then clear check.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What does being ahead of his range have to do with betting the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
????
I like to put money in the pot when I believe I am ahead, and check or fold when I believe I am behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am still confused by this statement. I just saw that Daniel Bitel made a pooh-bah post and it got me rethinking his statement here.

How does being ahead or behind of his range NOT have something to do with our flop bet? Can someone please explain?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no good at poker math equations but I don't think he has to fold that often to make betting superior. Around half the time if that?

[/ QUOTE ]
In other words you bet without the fd too? I don't like that, seems like spew vs a lagtard but we seem to disagree.

This is very read dependant and I don't know "what many on here would call a 'lagtard'". I generally don't think players peel a big bet in a rr pot oop on a 6-high board planning on folding on a blank turn 50%+. This read makes me even less likely to believe that and since he's aggro he's likely to push over your $115 bet if he continues on the turn making it even worse, ie he need to fold more often than 50% if he pushes when he continues. Edit: Havn't done the calcs myself, if anyones interested I can...
Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM

all in please.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
????
I like to put money in the pot when I believe I am ahead, and check or fold when I believe I am behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am still confused by this statement. I just saw that Daniel Bitel made a pooh-bah post and it got me rethinking his statement here.

How does being ahead or behind of his range NOT have something to do with our flop bet? Can someone please explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

his flop and turn CALLING range are infinitely more important than whether we are ahead or not of his total range
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy bet, he is peeling this flop with any pair or draw and folds a lot of his range to a turn bet. And when he calls or shoves we still have 15 outs. It's an image dependant spot, but Fgators plays pretty tight/straightforward despite the occasionall light 3 bet (which I'm sure villain is aware of) so a double barrell should get a ton of respect. Bet like $115 and call a shove, easy. The people who say he isn't folding the turn if he called the flop have no [censored] clue what they're talking about, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

A agree, there are times when you shouldn't even cbet unless you are willing to double barrel on most turns
Old 07-23-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to call a bet on the river, then you must believe you are ahead on the turn. If you are ahead on the turn you should bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

These 2 things are not the same!

DUCY?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

his flop and turn CALLING range are infinitely more important than whether we are ahead or not of his total range

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, so on the flop I believe we are ahead of his total range. So we bet.

On the turn I believe we are behind his calling range.

What are the implications of this information?
I believe this means we check the turn, b/c if we are behind his calling range, that means he only calls or raises with hands if which we are behind.

Right, Wrong?