Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Where to Honeymoon in Mexico?

riveria maya
Old 02-02-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting married this summer and my fiancee and I would like to honeymoon in Mexico. We have never been to Mexico so we are at a loss on where to look. I have been looking at Puerto Vallarta some. Are there other places I should look, or any resorts specifically?

We would like something nice(obviously) and all inclusive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo is where we honeymooned last year. Great all inclusive resorts and priced affordably. They also have some of the best fishing on the planet.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:05 AM

one of my favorite places on earth is puerto angel, although it's very hard to get to, and few people speak any english.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:11 PM

Playa del Carmen has some nice all-inclusive resorts.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:25 PM

My wife and I honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta. We definitely enjoyed it, but it's hard not to enjoy your honeymoon.

The coolest thing we did there was went on a private horseback ride through the jungle. We set it up through one of the "local experts" at tripadvisor.com and it was cheaper than doing it with a group. If you haven't checked out that website i definitely recommend it, they have reviews of places all over the world. We stayed at the Golden Crown which wasn't luxurious by any means, but was clean, had a wide selection of pretty good food, and we were treated well.

Other than that i've heard good things about cabo, although i've never been there. I'd choose Puerto Vallarta over Ixtapa or Cancun for a honeymoon...but that's just my personal opinion.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:19 AM

I enjoyed Puerto Vallarta more than Cabo. It is not as Americanized. I enjoyed taking a boat tour to Yapapai(sp?) and hiking up to a waterfall. They also have a jungle tour in PV that shows you where Predator was filmed. I only had a day in each place so your results may very. I suggest if you decide on PV to use the forums on tripadvisor.com. There are some locals there who have very valuable information on places to eat, etc.