Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Why I Stopped Posting On This Forum **Very Long**

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. If I was offering a service or selling a product this wouldn't be the site I would do it on. This forum has zero traffic and would be a total waste of time. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your product would be a waste of time?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:41 PM

Seriously just stop.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:42 AM

Josh you didnt even repy to my PM so ur not much of a help and as far as nato is concerned, yeah i agree there isnt many useful posts anymore but you can't expect newbies to pay you for your advice....its a forum
Old 02-01-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While I may not get quantitative gain from posting here, having an environment where I can ask questions from people more knowledgeable than me on certain topics creates qualitative value in and of itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted and updated to emphasize how true this is...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I may not get quantitative gain from posting here, having an environment where I can ask questions from people more knowledgeable than me on certain topics creates qualitative value in and of itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted and updated to emphasize how true this is...

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly this may be true but really man... there's not much that has been "qualitative" in value.

I've tried to post good stuff you know what happens? I get pm's like, "hey let me see your sites", "how much can I make with this", "how do i upload a webpage".

I just wrote a fairly long reply but deleted it cause it was kinda attacking certain people and I don't want to make enemies. I do want to help and I think I've proven that at least a bit.

If I didn't respond to your pm's it's because I either missed it or just thought the question wasn't worth a response.

I'm awful with this type of posting here. I can't argue worth crap. But I know if people make an attempt maybe we can have better posts and less crap. Then there would be a gain.

I'll post more content if you guys do the same.

A few other things.

Stop with the clickfraud.

There's a lot more out there than adsense. You guys would be better off doing affiliate referrals or product creation than adsense. You can definetly hit a homerun with adsense with some sites. But for most of you i'm betting you'd be better off following something along the lines of:

1. Pick a Niche
2. Build a squeeze page for that niche. Squeeze pages should have content now to avoid google slap.
3. Set up a 7-15 day autoresponder series promoting a few products in that niche.
4. Develop an adwords campaign pointing to your squeeze page.
5. See if the market is responsive. If it is go to 6.
6. Develop your own product for that niche and do a prelaunch with your already developed mailing list from before.
7. Start doing JV's.
8. Set up an affiliate program.

Rinse/repeat.

You guys would do a ton better focusing more on this type of stuff than adsense.

Wow talk about going off on a tangent.

Cheers,

Josh
Old 02-01-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it very strange that I'm the only person that seems to agree with Nato. Do any of you do this type of stuff for a living?

If not I can understand your willingness to put time into something that's not helping you generate any income.

Numerous times I've told myself not to bother posting anymore it's not worth the time involved. AIM conversations outside of this forum are much more constructive. But the people that actually seem to know what they're doing don't really post here much anymore.

There's a few like colt who seem to be taking some action. But who else?

I want to help on this forum otherwise I wouldn't post at all. I like to help people. But it's really a big distraction and time waster. I want to be able to get something back in turn. Whether it be affiliate commissions, direct sales of a product I make, list building whatever.

For the meantime I'll continue to post more useful content on forums that generate better discussions with more knowledgeable people, that I can actually develop leads from.

Cheers,

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of the people that has taken action as my site is up and running at this point. It is almost completed ( I am still adding content) but working on it has taken a lot more time then I originally expected. A lot of people drop off after they find out its not just a 30 minute project. As for Nato or anybody else exploring this area of internet marketing I would like to discuss things with you outside of the forum if that would be best. Although I think I have come a long way I could still use advice from people that are actually making money and more experienced. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Josh,

FWIW, I think you've offered some of the best advice to us newbs on this forum.

Haven't taken the time to thank you, but I always read your posts and take your info to heart.

I do appreciate you posting here.

Thanks,

-Scott
Old 02-02-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why am I posting now? Well I've had several people contact me and ask why I don't post here anymore. There is also a thread asking for a review on a paying website that I was a member of. Let me start off by saying that there are some great people on this forum. I still keep in touch with several of you guys off the forum and I have helped a lot of you make your first dollar on the internet.

I won't go and explain my life history but I do make the majority of my money in Internet Marketing. I used to contribute valuable information that took me years to learn on this forum. The information I gave sparked a lot of interest on 2+2 and all of a sudden the majority of the posts was talking about Internet Marketing. There was even a forum project at one time with a goal of making money online.

I was receiving so many pms asking me questions from Adsense to Adwords. I was spending a lot of time answering back pms and talking to people on AIM and other messengers. This was time that I was taking away from my business. I had to either stop helping people out or start charging them for my time.

I did not stop helping people out. What I did was have them sign up for things that they needed for their business with my affiliate links. Things like webhosting and other tools needed for their business. This was a win win for everyone. I didn't have to charge them and I could still continue to help them.

I guess some people did not think this was appropriate and started complaining. Without arguing I just stopped posting. Mainly because it was not worth the trouble and to be honest I got no value from this site and I did not play poker anymore.

There is a ring of people that talk outside of this forum and are actually making money. The reason for this ring is because this forum really doesn't offer real substance or discussion on how to really make money. You just hear the same adsense type questions over and over again.

Why should someone spend their time to offer free advice on this forum? There is no value for someone already making money to post on a forum like this. Look around the forum. The majority of the threads are beginners helping other beginners.

There are many people from the outside "ring" I mentioned that want to post more here but feel restricted. Most of these guys started up just months ago and through my help and others have already started making money. Their advice and knowledge would benefit everyone.

How to improve this forum? I really don't know. I feel like I can't make a thread because of fear of being called a spammer if I post a link. I much rather go to a forum like The Warrior or CYN where there is value and a benefit to posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. I'd say if Nato were to have came here as a Noob himself, then yeah he deserves to contribute just like all of us that went through the micros, ss, then ms poker forums for free.... giving something back after the knowledge you've gained here.

Nato hasnt done that. He didnt come here asking a bunch of questions...he basically came here out of kindness and really helped build up this forum to something decent with all the information he has given. this forum is really the only reason I come back to 2p2 anymore.... He came in as a pro and should be compensated as such. I hope you got credited for my hostgator signup Nato. Gonna go sign up with Warrior now....see you around.

Just my 2 E-cents
Richard
Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL. If I was offering a service or selling a product this wouldn't be the site I would do it on. This forum has zero traffic and would be a total waste of time. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your product would be a waste of time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not even close to what hes saying....and you know it.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people just value their time more than others. I could spend all day posting about how to make money but I choose to implement my ideas and actually do what I talk about. It would be hard for me to spend all my time making posts to build a successful forum or site that wasn't my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically.... You don't want to help us because you don't feel you get anything in return. OK. See you later.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason people give advice here is because:
A) Nothing better to do...
B) Apprecition for the help that they were given when they were starting out.
C) To make money
D) To inflate their own egos
E) Out of the kindness of their heart....which for most people doesnt last long with the amount of idiots out there.

Nato is simply trying to manage his time better to make more money....Im amazed that people of this forum cant understand that.