Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Playing Ax suited for flush value ???

One thing to mention: I usually play poker with abnormally bad players. These players play any two cards suited and will try to draw to any flush when possible. In a game like this, Ax has shown to be very profitable when someone else also makes their lower flush. They'll end up going busto to me. 'I've got a flush' they think and they'll bet it all. This has happened more times than I can count.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing to mention: I usually play poker with abnormally bad players. These players play any two cards suited and will try to draw to any flush when possible. In a game like this, Ax has shown to be very profitable when someone else also makes their lower flush. They'll end up going busto to me. 'I've got a flush' they think and they'll bet it all. This has happened more times than I can count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point, the real key is to adjust your strategy to the play of your opponents. In a very loose passive game Axs has a lot of value in limping and trying to make a hand. In a tight aggressive game it will be too costly.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM

In my opinion anytime you play pkt dueces through pkt 7s you're playing them for set or straight value, because very rarely are all 3 flop card going to be lower than your hole pair and if they are you're looking at a straight possiblility, but so might your opponent or they might be four flushed. You might also get some donk hanging around that cant read board texture with 2 overs. The danger in playing Ax suited for flush value is catching an A and not getting out.