Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

Also, wtf at some of you Gator fans in the NCAA thread?
Unbelievably embarrassing.

Nobody remembers where our D last year came from. Do you know why they were good? Experience. Last year we still had slow ass Tony Joiner, Early Everett & Brandon Siler. Prior to our success, everyone hated on BSiler & EE as being too "slow". The whole defensive line sucked ass before last year minus Marcus Thomas. They got experience & got better.

We are immensely faster. Maybe we're not playing at full speed yet but obviously that has to do with the experience. If anything the defensive coaching hasn't been up to par but you can't play man to man when your safety play is absolutely horrific & you can't play soft when your corners can't tackle/cover.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 PM

Apparently Ryan Perriloux got arrested tonight(again).
Old 10-27-2007, 10:16 PM

Also, I assume Richt told the team to run on the field & take the penalty. I think it was a good motivational tool, but you can't allow yourself to kickoff at the 15 vs the UF offense, so it was pretty dumb. As it is, I think he's a good guy who just went for the extra motivation.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I assume Richt told the team to run on the field & take the penalty. I think it was a good motivational tool, but you can't allow yourself to kickoff at the 15 vs the UF offense, so it was pretty dumb. As it is, I think he's a good guy who just went for the extra motivation.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt tell them to rush the field exactly. He said in the post game interview that he told them they would have AM runs if they didnt get a celebration penalty and he told them he wanted to see them celebrate as a team. He didn't specifically tell them to rush the field but I doubt he was surprised.

Richt has a record of being one of the classiest coaches but it his normal attitude that has contributed to many lackluster performances. I think at 1-5 or w/e vs UF he needed to do something and it was brilliant IMO.

-JP
Old 10-27-2007, 10:42 PM

Honestly, though, UGA was plenty motivated as it was. It was a good try though. You should of seen the Gator bench at the game, we were going nuts jumping up & down on the sideline. Gators were pumped & had the motivation/momentum until the Moore fumble.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 PM

ZOMG wrong thread
Old 10-27-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, wtf at some of you Gator fans in the NCAA thread?
Unbelievably embarrassing.

Nobody remembers where our D last year came from. Do you know why they were good? Experience. Last year we still had slow ass Tony Joiner, Early Everett & Brandon Siler. Prior to our success, everyone hated on BSiler & EE as being too "slow". The whole defensive line sucked ass before last year minus Marcus Thomas. They got experience & got better.

We are immensely faster. Maybe we're not playing at full speed yet but obviously that has to do with the experience. If anything the defensive coaching hasn't been up to par but you can't play man to man when your safety play is absolutely horrific & you can't play soft when your corners can't tackle/cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once guys like Haden, Major and all those stud d-lineman you've signed in the last year or two get more experience and time in a college S&C program that defense will be scary.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently Ryan Perriloux got arrested tonight(again).

[/ QUOTE ]
No arrests.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 AM

1LSU
2Auburn
3Georgia
4Florida
5Bama
6Kentucky
7S Carolina
8Tennessee
9Arkansas
10Miss St
11Vandy
12Ole Miss

Vandy could move up by winning the East [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Seriously, what if they hadn't fumbled against Georgia?

After watching this weekend, I can't say there is really much difference between 2 and 11. Looks like LSU, Ole Miss and everybody else. What does this mean for the SEC? Is it overrated? I know it has to be the most exciting conference. The Saturday night ESPN games have been ridiculous. I think they've all been decided on the final play. If Bama can beat LSU next week it will throw a wrench in everything.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:47 AM

barryc83- are you going to the iron bowl this year? just wondering b/c it seems like our bet has a good chance of coming down to that game