Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: San Fransisco bans Plastic bags from Grocery stores

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The loss of small liberties that you don't care about is how you get the loss of big liberties that you do care about. It's only XYZ who cares? Well someone does and if you don't have empathy for them how can you possibly expect anyone to give a [censored] when you talk about how oppressive the state is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I'm not losing liberties over what people in San Francisco do anymore than I am over what people in Iran do. If it were my government that was doing this, I'd be righteously pissed off, but it isn't, so it's really not my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should anyone care about the war on drugs? It doesn't affect them, they don't like drugs and it's getting some "unsavoury" people off the street it's really not their business.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The loss of small liberties that you don't care about is how you get the loss of big liberties that you do care about. It's only XYZ who cares? Well someone does and if you don't have empathy for them how can you possibly expect anyone to give a [censored] when you talk about how oppressive the state is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I'm not losing liberties over what people in San Francisco do anymore than I am over what people in Iran do. If it were my government that was doing this, I'd be righteously pissed off, but it isn't, so it's really not my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should anyone care about the war on drugs? It doesn't affect them, they don't like drugs and it's getting some "unsavoury" people off the street it's really not their business.

[/ QUOTE ]

The War on Drugs is something that my government is doing. I don't live in San Francisco. Perhaps you support invading countries to libertate them and bring them democracy as well?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The War on Drugs is something that my government is doing. I don't live in San Francisco. Perhaps you support invading countries to libertate them and bring them democracy as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not, it's not hurting me. It's none of my business.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not, it's not hurting me. It's none of my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with whether it's hurting me or not. It's not my government that is doing it. You realize this would happen in AC too, right?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It just seems to me that there is a lack of empathy in your posts. I could be completly wrong but that's how it comes across to me. I don't think you can free the world if you hate the world.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It just seems to me that there is a lack of empathy in your posts. I could be completly wrong but that's how it comes across to me. I don't think you can free the world if you hate the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there's a lack of empathy. It's San Francisco!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who lives there knows exactly what they're getting and deserves it! I mean seriously, it's the national capitol of loony liberal laws!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there's a lack of empathy. It's San Francisco!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who lives there knows exactly what they're getting and deserves it! I mean seriously, it's the national capitol of loony liberal laws!

[/ QUOTE ]

At what square footage does love it or leave it become valid? If you draw the line at anything other than ownership you're just arguing subjectivly about arbitary distinctions, which is totally fine but doesn't give your arguments a moral weight merely a practical one. You're right that the drug war is horrific and plastic bags in hippytown is meh but they're both people using force and power over others to get their way. It doesn't hurt to say they are both morally wrong though one has more impact than another. Hardly anyone changes their minds over practicality otherwise there'd be no (insert whatever nonsense people believe because they thing it's morally good and don't care about the practicalities).
Old 11-27-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... Sorry... no possible other answer than laughing at your post!

PS I have lived, and visited SFO many times.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 AM

Liberals simply like to micro-manage other peoples' lives -- no surprise... Government says to use "brand X" bag, you use "brand X." Maybe it's easier for some people to live that way -- I don't know.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At what square footage does love it or leave it become valid? If you draw the line at anything other than ownership you're just arguing subjectivly about arbitary distinctions, which is totally fine but doesn't give your arguments a moral weight merely a practical one. You're right that the drug war is horrific and plastic bags in hippytown is meh but they're both people using force and power over others to get their way. It doesn't hurt to say they are both morally wrong though one has more impact than another. Hardly anyone changes their minds over practicality otherwise there'd be no (insert whatever nonsense people believe because they thing it's morally good and don't care about the practicalities).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with anything you said, and it's not relevant to what I said.

You do realize that in ACland, the people who vote for this crap would all band together and form government in local areas, right? You do realize that with the current population, if we went AC, government would immediately sprout up again everywhere, right? You seem to think there's some black and white line where there isn't.