Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: What if someone flips the table?

It only takes once....
Old 08-22-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think the player that flipped the table should have all of their assets forcibly removed and divided among the remaining players in the game. For instance if the player that flipped the table has a nice watch or some sporty gym shoes, these are taken and split (or put into the next pot).

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunetly, I think that would be considered "robbery".
Old 08-22-2007, 06:03 PM

if i'm up, the 'host's' decision won't matter, the guy who flipped the table is giving me what i think i had + 10%...

easy way, or hard way, and at that point, i'm going to assume i'll have support..

it'd end up being a costly decision for the hot-head.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bolt the table-flipper to the floor

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

If somebody does this at my home game, they're not getting out without some blood spilling.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it'd end up being a costly decision for the hot-head.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean, when you get banned AND arrested for theft?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:29 PM

I was in a home tourney where a regular's brother played and was drunk as a skunk and started to get rather beligerent. I think half of us had our hands on our chips as it was getting heated. He ended up busto and left with little incident, but it was very possible a fight or table tipping couldve happened.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:34 PM

This is a little OT but is along the same lines....What if this was a multi table tourney, say 3 tables, and you were into say round 3 (30 minutes rounds)(no one has busted out due to rebuys) and a player does this? I think this might be more problematic than the cash game. Do you just refund the buy in's of 1/3 of the field?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:53 PM

I'd try to reconstruct it best I could. I always know how much I have, and at least several of my players will know their approximate stacks as well. You can't make it perfect, but you can try. Really, you need to navigate the situation. This is like asking, "say someone starts launching trash bags full of feces onto the highway... what do you do?" You work around the situation best you can so that the most people suffer the least damage, then you find the perpetrator for an epic beat-down.

I'm a non-violent person, so I'd probalby have to be restraining the others from wanting to kick the crap out of the flipper, but it'd be difficult because this is the sort of thing that I think deserves one. The flipper gets a complete and total ban, of course, no matter how big of a fish s/he is.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:28 AM

just play on the floor ldo
Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Really such an unlikely scenario that I doubt anyone would really be too concerned with your ruling in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely scenario? umm no

[/ QUOTE ]

uummm.... yes. How many games have you been to where someone flipped the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, story time. I was referred to deal a 2-5nl game in north GA probably 2yrs ago, and had a table flipped on me by the 5 seat. Long story short, everybody saw the escalation coming and I kinda eyeballed the few stacks in direct view, and braced for impact (table slammed me in the crotch more or less). Immediately after guy let go of the table he was "assisted" out the front door head-first.

Once that was settled, the players came back to the table, and it was basically a "I know you had 1400 and another half-stack of red"....etc etc, and maybe 300ish got tossed around between the 6 remaining guys until everyone was satisfied. they found $30 on the floor and agreed to give that to me, I was unsure if it came out of the rack or the table, but the host told me not to worry about it. Come to think of it, the hardest part was probably that I hadn't shipped this ~3500 pot before this table was at a 80 degree angle. End of the night, we were $30 short (from the floor tip obv) and host said keep it.

Strange thing being, these guys have all known each other almost their entire lives, and the offender in this instance is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, just lost his mind the first night I see him......