UTG: t1900
UTG+1: t3040
MP1: t1330
MP2: t3700
CO: t3200
Button: t1400
Hero: t1285
BB: t425

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t90)</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t180</font>, BB calls t120 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t270)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises to t480</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in t245</font>.
Uncalled bets: t55 returned to MP2.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t1030, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t1030)

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t1030, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t1030)

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t1030, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t1030)

Results:
Final pot: t1030

i was thinking that after this hand played out, i should have made it 240 to go instead of 180. but besides my small sized raise, is the fold the right play here? still about 175 people before cash.
thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: MTT satellite, all in or fold?

Well its an obvious fold once the limper reraises, but actually i think a better play would have been to limp in the SB because you want to try not to build pot-size out of position and AJ of hearts isnt a great hand to play out of postion. With that said you did make the correct laydown.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:16 PM

1. Raise bigger PF (but you already said that).
2. If you know you are gonna make the straight by the river and your opponents aren't gonna make a full or a flush, just put it all in.
3. Number 2 was filled with heavy sarcasm.
4. Of course the fold is fine, unless MP2 was some sort of donkey moron, then re-push.

My guess is that MP2 had some sort of pocket pair.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well its an obvious fold once the limper reraises, but actually i think a better play would have been to limp in the SB because you want to try not to build pot-size out of position and AJ of hearts isnt a great hand to play out of postion. With that said you did make the correct laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly thought about limping in, but then i figured, if i could raise small enough that the bb moves all in, and the inital limper folds, i would have been happy, but then he ruined my plans and flat called (?!?!) and the limper came over the top of me.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:37 PM

I'm not a fan of the min raise. You are basically just sweetening the pot since everybody will have great pot odds to call the small raise. Only a total Donk would fold to a minraise. If you are going to play AJs OOP, I would suggest either the limp or a fairly decent raise. My choice would be based upon the players already in the pot.

Either way, I c/fold to any aggression on this flop.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of the min raise. You are basically just sweetening the pot since everybody will have great pot odds to call the small raise. Only a total Donk would fold to a minraise. If you are going to play AJs OOP, I would suggest either the limp or a fairly decent raise. My choice would be based upon the players already in the pot.

Either way, I c/fold to any aggression on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if the above poster actually read the oiginal post as his raise wasn't a minraise and he never got to the flop so he can't check fold the flop.

Anyways, I think this early I would just call the small blind and go from there but if you're going to raise I would make it a lot more than you did because you wouldn't mind picking it up right there and avoid playing a hand out of position.

As played I would just fold after he pushes and find a better spot unless I saw that he was a maniac monkey.

But you never know he could be a moron with AT suited.