Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: OOT Survivor: diebitter vs. Bruiser

I did not vote in this poll. I am not sure - but shouldn't we have left these types of things in Junior High School? Isn't one of our implied jobs as mods to keep valuable posters in their 'home forums'? I guess I am just kind of confused?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2006, 12:32 AM

I'm confused, too. Someone please explain to me how this whole thing is not just B.S. I say, delete the damn thread & kill the Survivor OOT. If OOT explodes in protest, who really cares? It's not like OOT is anything more than the rumpled Playboy mag stuffed under 2+2's matress anyway.

I know many of you seem to think that OOT somehow provides a service to 2+2. I don't see it. It seems to me that it provides nothing but naked chicks, soap operas & tubgirls. Who would have quit 2+2 if OOT wasn't created? On the contrary, I have noticed some posters who at one time were respected contributers in strat forums but stopped posting strat advice and became active in OOT instead.

Just my opinions...
Old 02-15-2006, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These comments are so ridiculous that I cannot even tell if you're being serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey commodus...

Astro put the thread up after both Cola and Ed stated that it was Mat's call (and before Mat posted anything)... there just seems like there is something wrong with that, if Mod's are supposed to be respecting Admin opinions!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:35 AM

thread is tl;dr, but as usual, lame ass idea
Old 02-15-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not vote in this poll. I am not sure - but shouldn't we have left these types of things in Junior High School? Isn't one of our implied jobs as mods to keep valuable posters in their 'home forums'? I guess I am just kind of confused?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, I think that's part of what has me confused as well. Part of me really thinks this issue is ridiculous - so ridiculous that it's a nice reminder to never take something like an internet forum so seriously.

Now, I'm not implying that the mods involved in all of this are doing that. But the feeling that we have to bow to the masses on this issue, also reminds me that in many ways people are entertained on a junior high level in OOT, so I can see the argument for letting the dual continue as well.

In the end, my stance falls in line with Ed in many ways. I think it's ridiculous to force someone to leave this site through a gimmick like this, as it's bad for business, bad for 2+2, and not what this site is all about. I recognize that OOT does serve a need in this community - a place to post all of the crap that would otherwise clutter up the more important part of the forums. I mean, if we got rid of the sports forum, it wouldn't kill me or anything, but I do see the purpose it serves.

Not sure what my final point is here. That's how weird this issue is. I'd just ask everyone to not take it all so seriously, but I do hope that both Diebitter and bruiser remain in some way.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I recognize that OOT does serve a need in this community - a place to post all of the crap that would otherwise clutter up the more important part of the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was true before there were forum mods. But now that there are mods to clean the crap out of the strat forums, what purpose does OOT serve?
Old 02-15-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I recognize that OOT does serve a need in this community - a place to post all of the crap that would otherwise clutter up the more important part of the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was true before there were forum mods. But now that there are mods to clean the crap out of the strat forums, what purpose does OOT serve?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact of the matter is, it generates traffic, and it still helps keep clutter out of the other forums. Not all forums have more than one mod, so it could be tough to keep up with the crap in some of the forums.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:09 AM

Not just "traffic," it generates more traffic than any other forum on the site. And as El D stated, it keeps the most Sr. posters hanging around. Furtheremore, while there is a lot of jr. high content on there, there's a lot of really funny material. If you know what to look for, it can be both entertaining and informative.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:16 AM

I really enjoy OOT and post or lurk there every day. It is the biggest volume on 2+2 without question. Instances like this is why mods are needed. We should be working toward keeping established posters and mods - not forcing them to leave the forums! What is the advantage in one of these two leaving the forum?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2006, 01:20 AM

Heh. It looks like there's an out with Astro's date screw up ending the contest in 2005.