Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Re: OOT Survivor: diebitter vs. Bruiser

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to disrespect the wishes of other OOT mods (me), what should hold me back from deleting the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Settle down here. This is Mat's decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I can respect and live with whatever choice he makes, because none of the options seem all that great to me.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:43 PM

cola and i have been talking about it for a bit today and i believe we agreed that it was unstoppable at this point. i didn't notice that he had asked to wait for mat's opinion before starting off though, and i apologize for missing that. i'm willing to accept whatever happens as a result of starting it.

i think that ultimately mat would be the only one that could stop it. i think that starting it and then stopping it would do well to accomplish both goals if stopping it is decided - it wouldn't go off, but those that were clamoring for it would be at least partially satiated. and i've already heard the popularity contest comments, so i understand your perspective on that matter dynasty.

like i've said before, this is a gentlemen's agreement at this point, and i don't believe we can stop it. if this one officially goes to fruition, it will be the last one, and we will hear the last of it. if it doesn't, i would think it likely for bruiser to pull some kind of breath-holding event and refuse to post until the contest takes off. i don't honestly believe he cares about 2+2 anyway. bitter could end up stepping down. any way we slice it i think we lose at least 1 person here, so i think it would be really bad to potentially lose both and provide no resolution for anybody in the process.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to disrespect the wishes of other OOT mods (me), what should hold me back from deleting the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Settle down here. This is Mat's decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I wanted.

Unfortunately, astroglide has made the decision already. He's started the contest in OOT. See link above.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:45 PM

mat is still free to stop the contest. i haven't made any decision for him.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cola and i have been talking about it for a bit today and i believe we agreed that it was unstoppable at this point.
i think that ultimately mat would be the only one that could stop it.
like i've said before, this is a gentlemen's agreement at this point, and i don't believe we can stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all cop outs. It was easy to stop it. All you needed to do was not start the contest.

I suggest you move the thread to the mod forum youself now.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mat is still free to stop the contest. i haven't made any decision for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's BS. You did make a decision. You decided to hold the contest.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:51 PM

i can't say it any more clearly, dude. mat is still free to stop the contest.

things are going to be screwed up just as a result of the idea being out there, and that bell can't be un-rung even if no contest is held.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cola and i have been talking about it for a bit today and i believe we agreed that it was unstoppable at this point.
i think that ultimately mat would be the only one that could stop it.
like i've said before, this is a gentlemen's agreement at this point, and i don't believe we can stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all cop outs. It was easy to stop it. All you needed to do was not start the contest.

I suggest you move the thread to the mod forum youself now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If no one else was going to, I'd have started it. And it really needs to run its course. I don't like the fact a poker poster of some standing may go out, but he said explicitly he didn't care, and to go ahead. I'd rather he just got banned from OOT actually, but that was never raised as an option. And, like astro said in the starter posts of the contest, he'll probably come back under a different name if he wants to keep posting.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't say it any more clearly, dude. mat is still free to stop the contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat may still have options. But, you've put him in a much more difficult spot. Any Admin which ended the contest was going to get some flak. Now, you've got him in a spot where he's not only ended the contest (if he does) but it also looks like he's being dismissive of those who participated by voting.

You shouldn't have started the thread. Now that you have, you should limit the damage by moving it here (or deleting it). If Mat wants the contest to go on, the contest can always be resumed tomorrow or the next day.

Move the thread to the Mod Forum now.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:06 PM

Astro,

Considering your statement in the OOT thread...

[ QUOTE ]
if nothing else, i urge you to vote for him to stay as a favor to me if you think oot has done well while i have been a moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

... you should consider every vote to ban diebitter, as a vote against you as Mod as well!!!

It's Valentines day today... is this all about you guys not getting [censored] today?

I remain shocked Astro that you completely disrepected this Mod forum thread!