Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Line Check/Name that line...

Villain 17/12/2 over 300 hands, seems ok, not great, never really tangled tbh.
What do you make of his line here?
Hows my line? Easy fold right?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $18.45
BTN: $45.20
Hero (SB): $50.25
BB: $48.75
UTG: $49.45
MP: $18.55

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($6.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($6.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $12</font>, CO folds,
Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Line Check/Name that line...

I bet this flop every time, by not betting it I think you set yourself for his turn play. It's very likely that you're good on the turn, but I think as played it's a lay down as well.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet this flop every time, by not betting it I think you set yourself for his turn play. It's very likely that you're good on the turn, but I think as played it's a lay down as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're called, then what?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:27 PM

As played fold.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not the pfr, why would you wanna lead here? I like your line so far, now fold. We only beat a bluff or A8, and we can't call a river bet.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not the pfr, why would you wanna lead here? I like your line so far, now fold. We only beat a bluff or A8, and we can't call a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea we aren't the pfr, but pfr gave up control on the flop. he's not going to check AA or any overpair for that matter on that flop, which either puts him on a set, A10 (which is obviously not checking either) or something like an overcard flush draw. i don't think staying around is a bad move. sometimes i'd shove here, sometimes i'd call, let a red card hit river and check call, but depends. obviously against some opponents i'll drop this, but i really think his line is consistent with overcard flush draw. narrow range, yes, but whatev reeds.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM

He has spades sometimes, but this is a pretty easy fold with no real reads.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has spades sometimes, but this is a pretty easy fold with no real reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's what i figured it as, but again i realize that's a really narrow ass range. it's just consistent with the line imo. obv he could have top set here, but just seems to make more sense.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yea we aren't the pfr, but pfr gave up control on the flop. he's not going to check AA or any overpair for that matter on that flop, which either puts him on a set, A10 (which is obviously not checking either) or something like an overcard flush draw. i don't think staying around is a bad move. sometimes i'd shove here, sometimes i'd call, let a red card hit river and check call, but depends. obviously against some opponents i'll drop this, but i really think his line is consistent with overcard flush draw. narrow range, yes, but whatev reeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about the post I quoted that said to lead the flop.

What hands do you think he's checking the flop and raising the turn with? 88 fits that perfectly. I don't think he ever has air here, maybe he has a flush draw, but we're OOP and we can't take much more heat on the river.