Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Has anyone here ever done this?

Hello Psychology Section,

So the last two weeks I've been playing the best poker of my life and making a substantial profit. Yesterday however right off the go I lost several buyins at a limit which I'm not rolled for. After losing a big pot due to a suckout I proceed to go on monkey tilt and literally open shove every hand on my lower stakes tables, After about a minute of this I discover now all in all that im down 3100 dollars which constitutes a little under half of my current roll.

Today I play the best HU session of my life for 3 hour straight and make a slight loss. I move to a shorthanded 6 max table where its very loose and proceed to lost about 2 buyins by playing like a donkey.

Cliff Notes:

-4100 in two days playing 400NL and 200 hands of 1kNL

I've burned half my roll in two days by playing like a donkey.

Has anyone else here ever dropped half their roll in 1 or 2 days by playing like an absolute donkey?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Has anyone here ever done this?

I sincerely doubt that anyone has ever doen this before. Playing higher stakes than normal is a big risk and I would only do it if I was on all kinds of good drugs that told me it was a fun thing to do, which of course it would be in that state of mind.

However, once I sobered myself up and stopped listening to that giant jealous marshmallow, I would be quite upset unless I convinced myself that life is one big ride, which it is.

So maybe someone has done this. You'll be ok, just grind it out.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 AM

LOL.
I am a total nit so I haven't done something like this, but it is totally standard IMO. There are plenty of people who have done this
Just pull yourself together
Take a break, move down, try not to go busto
Old 11-15-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sincerely doubt that anyone has ever doen this before

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday however right off the go I lost several buyins at a limit which I'm not rolled for. After losing a big pot due to a suckout I proceed to go on monkey tilt and literally open shove every hand on my lower stakes tables

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just asking for trouble tbh...

And no I've not ever gone on such a megatilt.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM

standard for me tbh lol, i do this donk multiple times a month when i move from 2/4 to 5/10.. except i dont UBER tilt like u did.. just run super bad... and i have a feeling that when u were "playing the best poker of ur life" u wernt.. just gettin some good setup hands... this gives u the confidence to play some other hands well...

Im always hopn my next shot will result in me rnning uber hot, then i can play 5/10 permenantly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tbh u suda have a bigger roll before u take shots like that, play 2/4 with a 20k roll+ then when u loose 4, u can still grind at 2/4 and get it back....

Just dont go busto
Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 PM

I pretty much do what you described and I can't for the life of my explain why. I ran my account up nicely over several days and then just played like I was lighting money on fire and threw it all away. I would NEVER play like that live. Click a mouse, lose a house! Yep... I could do it I'm sure lol.

No clue what to say other than I feel your pain. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM

A lot of players don't realize this but there's poker tilt and bankroll tilt. And if they both happen at the same time, well that's bad news.

Nobody can completely control poker tilt, even the best players in the world. However, we should all be able to control bankroll tilt.

And quite frankly, I think bankroll tilt is more damaging. And that's because if you are on bankroll tilt, then you are also very likely on poker tilt as well.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:58 PM

No but I probably will one day I assume.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:03 PM
 is offline

Yes, stay away from HU tables. I didn`t get to open shove tho.