Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 08-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Honestly Aba just wanted to share how good this device is

[ QUOTE ]
I'll ask my apple insiders if they are starting an undercover advertising scheme in the 2+2 forums.

... stay tuned ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this happened IRL. There was a 60 Minutes (I think it was 60 Minutes) special on ad companies that paid people to go flood message boards with posts about their products and movies, to try to get people "talking about it". During the news report, I noticed that on the monitor of one of the guys posting was a message board system that I moderated. We broke it down, focused in on his board name and I think they banned him, hahaha.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:29 PM

Dear Apple,

I, as an Internet Persona and important mod, will hereby endorse your iphone if you'd just me one of them, also I think the guy who plays the PC is funny and would like to give him a high 5.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM

also, it is relatively easy to hack your iphone to play mp3s as ringtones.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:51 PM

Im getting an SPV M700 on Orange at some point i can be bothered to order it online (tomorrow or something probably).

It really is an amazing phone and does everything iPhone can and more - including inbuilt GPS and being based on Windows Mobile it can had like twelfty million applications available. Mini DS slot equals more mp3s than you can listen to in a day and you can hot swap in any number of them.

I havent decided if i need to use GPS enough to buy some Tom Tom software for the GPS or a freeware copy that does a similar job - will suck it and see.

It can be found in the US under another name. Im too lazy to look up what its market name over there is though.

Seriously, there is nothing iPhone can do that the M700 cant, except not use a stylus so you get smudgy fingerprints all over it and not be able to use 3rd party applications (double negative bitches [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] loved when i saw that a couple weeks back when posted in Laughs and Links).
Old 08-02-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im getting an SPV M700 on Orange at some point i can be bothered to order it online (tomorrow or something probably).

It really is an amazing phone and does everything iPhone can and more - including inbuilt GPS and being based on Windows Mobile it can had like twelfty million applications available. Mini DS slot equals more mp3s than you can listen to in a day and you can hot swap in any number of them.

I havent decided if i need to use GPS enough to buy some Tom Tom software for the GPS or a freeware copy that does a similar job - will suck it and see.

It can be found in the US under another name. Im too lazy to look up what its market name over there is though.

Seriously, there is nothing iPhone can do that the M700 cant, except not use a stylus so you get smudgy fingerprints all over it and not be able to use 3rd party applications (double negative bitches [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] loved when i saw that a couple weeks back when posted in Laughs and Links).

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of it, but it is obvious there are 20+ phones out there that are better than the Iphone just not marketed like it. It is simple to look things up but people aren't smart enough to think about what they are actually buying.

P.S. Software upgrades = $$$$
..Hacking phone to play mp3's, why? Why not just buy a better phone that does it without hacking it?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:00 PM

Yeah - there are loads of phones better than the iPhone. Im also pretty sure there are lots of mp3 players better than iPods from the regular "Find me a new mp3 player etc" threads in OOT.

Apple is a master of promotion - thats for sure.

I was recently looking for a new mobile and considered the LG Prada - i was amused by the people who would add comments in blog review sites etc where they say its a rip off from iPhone when it was announced before iPhone and LG has gone on record saying they are considering sueing Apple over its obvious simularities.

I dont get what you mean by the software upgraes = $$$$ and the hacking a phone to play mp3s. The references are lost on me.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:03 AM

They were not directed to you but to others in the thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.wireless.att.com/business..._requestid=468

This is by far better than the iphone, and it really isn't even close. Anyone who disagrees, please provide details as you are going to look stupid otherwise to anyone who knows anything about higher-end phones,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. Anything that uses Windows mobile sucks ass.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Goldvish Illusion = balla
iPhone = donk

[/ QUOTE ]

By balla, I think you meant sucka -- in a russian mafia/arab oil sheik kind of way.

What do you do in two years, when the phone functionality gets superceded? Keep using outdated technology, just to keep your bling?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL..Study as in look up what they are buying when they get a $700 phone? I broke my 100 dollar phone, wanted a nice one, and looked up phones for 20 minutes. It is obvious and anyone not retarted could figure that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok, so you aren't really a cell phone ninja, you're just posting to defend your purchasing decisions?

[ QUOTE ]

Buying an Iphone doesn't make you balla, it makes you an idiot, and the other comparable ones usually look "cooler" as well since they do more stuff you can show off.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're more concerned with showing off and looking cool than good design and ergonomics, I can see how these things might be important to you.

[ QUOTE ]

They simply weren't advertised well, and instead Iphone's were advertised so people like you would buy it since it was from Apple.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to be confusing me with somebody who uses one of these stupid things. [censored] that. Cellphones are an electronic ball and chain. It's like being tagged.

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. I can send picture messages and use mp3's as my ringtone. Oh, and I get cable speed on my phone instead of dial-up, but whatevs have fun with your balla ass purchase of $700 whopping dollars

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoop de doo! I'm so happy for you that you're pleased with your purchase, but I can't help thinking that your spirited public defence of it on an internet forum indicates some degree of buyers remorse about not having the much cooler iPhone.