Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 03:31 PM

Default 2-4 at pokerroom

No hand history because pr sucks balls.

I raise A9o in the cutoff, BB who is 21/12/8.5 over 90 hands 3towns me. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villain checks, I check behind.

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] He bets, I call.

River blanks off, He bets, I???
Old 10-12-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: 2-4 at pokerroom

Should have bet the flop?

As played I raise.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:43 PM

the flop check from this player is really weird and very suspicious. i'm either getting trapped hard, or he has a worse hand i want him to fire with on the turn and probably the river

edit: do you think he pays off a river raise with something like 99-kk? That is the crux of the matter here
Old 10-12-2006, 03:43 PM

I bet the flop you'll most likely get a call from ui high-cards and in case he has a pp he might even give you more action.
As you played it I raise the river and call a 3-bet.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the flop check from this player is really weird and very suspicious. i'm either getting trapped hard, or he has a worse hand i want him to fire with on the turn and probably the river

edit: do you think he pays off a river raise with something like 99-kk? That is the crux of the matter here

[/ QUOTE ]

If you trust this read I think the river is a smooth call.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. And you're right about the flop check, when he does it, you're right to suspect that he has the big ace. It seems like any other hand tries to pick the pot up right there.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:51 PM

O.K., the check is suspicious, but I still think betting the flop makes the hand easier to play. Even if you get check-raised you're good a decent percentage of the time, you're not necessarily in horrible shape. I.e., he may well see your PF raise as a steal, this means he'll 3-rack PF lighter, and thus the flop check-raise will be made with a goodly number of pocket pairs and weaker aces, and sometimes even less if he's aggressive and intelligent. Also, you can't be sure a worse hand will fire on the turn or river, so you miss a non-negligible amount of value by checking the flop.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get check-raised on such flops quite frequently by pps and even ui high-cards (though that's less likely). But you're right it is suspicious.
Imo it doesn't matter much which line to choose. Betting the flop might scare ui high-cards and checking the flop might make us lose action against pps.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you trust this read I think the river is a smooth call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok that's what i thought too. maybe one day i will trust my instincts not to bet, but not putting in a raise here somewhere just felt wrong too
Old 10-12-2006, 03:56 PM

Call river. The flop check is so transparent (he has a 2-outer, or Ax).

[ QUOTE ]
but I still think betting the flop makes the hand easier to play

[/ QUOTE ]

How? You're getting donk-c/r'ed often and can't fold.

[ QUOTE ]
and sometimes even less if he's aggressive and intelligent

[/ QUOTE ]

A good player is basically never checking this flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you can't be sure a worse hand will fire on the turn or river, so you miss a non-negligible amount of value by checking the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to check the turn if he checks a second time. And if he checks the flop and then check-folds the turn, then lol at how much money you're going to make from this guy.