Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Play in a serious game of dodgeball once every two months for the next 15 years. 30 56.60%
Not. 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

It's a hell of a leap from "The Bush administration exploited the 9/11 attacks to advance their agenda. " To "The Bush administration deliberately arranged for the 9/11 attacks to advance their agenda".

I think they were entirely correct to go into Afghanistan after 9/11, although I have serious doubts about whether our continuing occupation is accomplishing anything useful.

Going into Iran was unnecessary. Going into Iran with absolutely no understanding of the consequences and no contingency plans for if their absurdly optimistic beliefs about the aftermath were incorrect was criminally incompetent.

I think the Bush administration is is corrupt, incompetent and arrogant, but I don't think they're the kind of monsters that would deliberately murder 3000 of etheir own citizens.

I also think it is almost impossible that those bumbling idiots could have done it and gotten away with it.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Going into Iran was unnecessary. Going into Iran with absolutely no understanding of the consequences and no contingency plans for if their absurdly optimistic beliefs about the aftermath were incorrect was criminally incompetent.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how rumors get started.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
active knowledge of the plot

[/ QUOTE ]
So you disagree that the buildings were brought down by explosives, which is Nielsio's claim in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
What I don't understand about the explosives theory is why bring the buildings down during the event? What does that accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's hilarious. They can fly planes into building without revealing a conspiracy, so why would they take the risk of spending weeks rigging up that massive steel structure with explosives on each level (I don't even know how that's possible without being detected), and leaving easily detectable traces of explosive and other evidence. Why not just pack the cargo hold of the plane with explosives if you want them to collapse? Or do a massive truck bombing such as the one in 1993?

Bottom line is that Nielsio is merely providing perfect fodder for the right to silence legitimate critics. I daresay he helps the Bush cause more than your average fundamentalist voter.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any science-buffs care to comment on this?

[ QUOTE ]

Jones detailed his lab experiments in which he attempted to replicate NIST's conclusion that the lava like orange material flowing out of the south tower is aluminum from Flight 175, the plane that hit the building. Jones clearly documents the fact that liquid aluminum is silver and not orange as is seen in the video of the south tower, therefore the material cannot be aluminum. Jones then explains that the material is in fact a compound that can cut through steel like a hot knife through butter, thermite with sulphur added to make thermate.

The crux of the fresh evidence revolves around newly uncovered globules or spheres that were discovered at the WTC site that Professor Jones was able to obtain and run a electron microscope analysis on.

The spheres contained iron and aluminum, which would be expected in any steel sample, but also sulphur which is a by-product of a thermate reaction.

Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08807350233932

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...demolition.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

The important bit is at 48 minutes.

If you don't want to talk science, take your cynicism elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Latest update & findings here:

Prof. Steven Jones summarizes Vancouver keynote address
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6psgCNFm6g
(9m32s, Jun 26)

Basically: we have different independent researches of multiple dust samples having the same conclusions (based on the findings of these iron-rich spheres), namely the temperatures reached throughout the buildings, being as high as 1750 C, whereas with the aided help of jet fuel the fires only caused a theoretical maximum air temperature of 1150 C.

This is a huge enomaly to the fire-collapse theory.

On the other hand, explosives and incendiaries produce exactly such temperatures and by-products.

Check out the video for Prof. Jones elaborating on the findings.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
active knowledge of the plot

[/ QUOTE ]
So you disagree that the buildings were brought down by explosives, which is Nielsio's claim in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
What I don't understand about the explosives theory is why bring the buildings down during the event? What does that accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want a more broader understanding of the events and everything surrounding it (all the way to policy, laws, foreign policy, banking, and so on), see this documentary

Zeitgeist
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...page=2&vc=1
Old 06-27-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

An interesting question may be why people believe there is something sinister here, but basically you've joined the new Holocaust deniers club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not see the motives I posted above?

Also great job with the ad hominem
Old 06-27-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

why bring the buildings down during the event? What does that accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

$2.2 billion insurance payout ?

Even more support behind the false flag terrorism since more lives lost?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

why bring the buildings down during the event? What does that accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

$2.2 billion insurance payout ?

Even more support behind the false flag terrorism since more lives lost?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. And since Larry Silverstein had paid $3.2 billion for the WTC complex only a few months earlier, he would have only lost $1 billion in the deal. The opportunity to lose $1 billion is clearly motivation enough for someone to participate in a needlessly complicated plot to kill 3000 Americans!

It all makes sense now. My tinfoil hat is finally starting to fit.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

An interesting question may be why people believe there is something sinister here, but basically you've joined the new Holocaust deniers club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not see the motives I posted above?

Also great job with the ad homonym

[/ QUOTE ]

Some theories only deserve ad homonym attacks and this is one of them.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The spheres contained iron and aluminum, which would be expected in any steel sample, but also sulphur which is a by-product of a thermate reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a problem with the thermate claims. It burns through steal, it is not an explosive.

But as I understand the conspiracy claims, artificial means were used to cause a minutely timed series of breaks in the beams all the way down the structure. These gave the appearance of a pancaking collapse, but it was actually caused by artificial means.

I find it hard to believe thermate could be used to create an effect that precise -- a near free-fall.

And Nielsio, you are continuing the pattern of flitting off to make new claims without finishing with the previous challenges. This is a symptom of the soft spot in an infant's skull failing to grow shut.