Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Borgata Friday $560

I'm heading to Borgata on Friday to play in this tourney. Can anyone give me any info on draw, play etc. for this Tourney. It looks like a decent enough structure with 10k to start and 30 minute rounds.
Thx.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Borgata Friday $560

You have two asterisks under your name and only 499 posts, so I suggest that you stay away from OOT for a while.

Also, I have no idea what this tournament is like, except that if you are asking about it, you may think that the competition will be exceptional. However, if you lurk High Stakes MTT enough, you'll realize that there are a tremendous amount of donks at this thing. So, keep your eye out for them and good luck.

Barry
Old 07-24-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Borgata Friday $560

I play this fairly regularly. In the last one, I accepted a 6-way chop where I got 1/6 of the money, but had 75K chips with a 122K average stack.

People really didn't know how to play when the blinds got big. I just get stealing with open pushes and pushes at limpers.

The guy to my left complained I always had a hand on the button or in the blinds. On one hand, the guy to my right completes and I check 72o. Flop comes 865, we check it to the river. I miss and bet the river. He folds. Says he had an OESD and missed. Says "you did have a piece of the flop, didn't you?" I can't keep from laughing slightly. Someone says "he's crafty". SB says "I was expecting 'allin' preflop."

Earlier, limper for 200, I raise to 800 with KK, SB flat calls. Flop comes 542,r. Limper pushes for 6000. I call, SB folds QQ face up. Limper shows A6o.

Play is not that different from $500 major tournament side events. In some ways, it is softer than $250 noon tournament with about 450 players. $250 tournament has more LAG donks. This one is more weak/tight. $500 gets about 74 players with 9 places paying. They almost always want to chop multiway, but I don't agree to it unless I get way above a chip chop as a shorter stack or can negotiate something decent as chip leader. They don't understand how to compute a fair chop.