Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you?

Anyone know the structure for the Saturday $330 at Sarasota Kennel Club - One Eyed Jacks? Seems the customer-focused bitch manning the phone can't be bothered with getting off her arse to look for a tourney sheet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

"yep. dont let avatars push you around!"

Whaaat!? Look up hubris in the dictionary and you'll see the narrator's avatar.

I haven't played internet poker in 5 years. Now I see why you guys do. I'm one of the old guys the nitwit narrator denigrated (and then he went on to demonstrate a complete absense of Hold'em savvy.) I learned the game the hard way: tight, aggressive mid-limit games. Outside of the blinds, I would pitch every hand the nitwit used to bust himself out.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't played internet poker in 5 years. Now I see why you guys do. I'm one of the old guys the nitwit narrator denigrated (and then he went on to demonstrate a complete absense of Hold'em savvy.) I learned the game the hard way: tight, aggressive mid-limit games. Outside of the blinds, I would pitch every hand the nitwit used to bust himself out.

[/ QUOTE ]

???
Old 07-06-2007, 03:28 PM

Look at the UTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkIdBWY2iNg
Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ the entire video as it's satirical and done purely for entertainment value. I'm sorry this was over your head. In the future I'll be sure to warn you ahead of time so that you can prepare yourself for humorous content. I hope you enjoy playing in your live mid-limit aggressive games.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:49 PM

My goodness, Mr. Punk, that chip on your shoulder is quite a large one, isn't it?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My goodness, Mr. Punk, that chip on your shoulder is quite a large one, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a lot of sarcasm in my posts. I'm a sarcastic individual with a sarcastic sense of humor. There's no chip here.

But thanks for addressing me appropriately as Mister!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Hey, leave'em alone!! His self-esteem problems are more than enough torment, sort of like inflamed psychic hemoroids.

Listening is the important component of communication and clearly he is weak on it. What I DID write was I learned to play in tight-aggressive limit games. It teaches discipline and a proper sense of hand values. What I DID NOT write was that I do that now. I still play 10/20 sometimes, but I've been forced to play in the NL games because, thanks to TV, that's what's being spread. And, indeed, many of the players sporting the new aviator glasses are like the narrator in the clip: rude, arrogant, brash and pathetically unversed. Yes, they are a true asset to the game and so terrible I didn't realize the utube thing was a hoax. I thought it pretty accurate.

FWIW, I'm a former Fla resident (Broward County). I'm a used-to-be dealer and now play fulltime in my declining years. Good luck to y'all. A further FWIW, a Floridian associate advised me to visit the Sunshine State and I'm looking at this thread to verify what he told me. It seems true, meaning dunce city.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 PM

Any conjectures upon how long before the legislature wakes up to the fact that, having joined the twentieth century, it's time to leap into the twenty-first and remove the handcuffs on limits, buy-ins, hours of operation, et cetera?

I ask this because i'd given up on them. The whole implementation of public poker, you long-time Fla residents should recall, came about because a decade-and-a-half ago the FDLE raided a literally nickel and dime poker game in the recreation room of a Key Largo condo. The legislature was embarrassed by the blackeye this caused on national media and legalized poker games where the pot did not excedd $10. The Indian tribes then opened card rooms with the pathetic $10 poker-like game and you know the rest.

For those of you not familiar with Florida, the largest Southern Baptist church in the state is in Tallahassee, across the street from the legislature. And just like people who believe live is controlled by luck, people who think things are controlled by a god are impervious to logical argument and factual evidence.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any conjectures upon how long before the legislature wakes up to the fact that, having joined the twentieth century, it's time to leap into the twenty-first and remove the handcuffs on limits, buy-ins, hours of operation, et cetera?

I ask this because i'd given up on them. The whole implementation of public poker, you long-time Fla residents should recall, came about because a decade-and-a-half ago the FDLE raided a literally nickel and dime poker game in the recreation room of a Key Largo condo. The legislature was embarrassed by the blackeye this caused on national media and legalized poker games where the pot did not excedd $10. The Indian tribes then opened card rooms with the pathetic $10 poker-like game and you know the rest.

For those of you not familiar with Florida, the largest Southern Baptist church in the state is in Tallahassee, across the street from the legislature. And just like people who believe live is controlled by luck, people who think things are controlled by a god are impervious to logical argument and factual evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

The door's been kicked open with Broward's acceptance of Class III slot machines. Miami-Dade and probably another county or two in the state are expected to vote them in in November. And Crist has been given two months to come up with a pact with the Seminoles or turn it over to the feds.

Things are moving pretty quickly these days. My guess is that we'll see full-on Class III gaming and unrestricted poker somewhere in the state by the end of the decade if not sooner.