Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rank Carolina?
3rd 3 8.57%
4th 3 8.57%
5th 8 22.86%
6th 9 25.71%
7th 7 20.00%
8th 2 5.71%
9th 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: HIgh Stakes Poker 4 thread (8/27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at phil not even being able to take a compliment without whining

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a Phil Hellmuth fanboy, but c'mon he has a point. Some no-name makes a comment like that to a guy thats won 11 WSOP bracelets. Its not like Hellmuth has NO poker skills, and while that hand was pretty good, he's accomplished a fair bit more in his career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Brian Brandon is just a d-bag who needs to STFU

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha! The Phil Hellmuth fanboy IS heard from. Tell us McCutter, how many paper towels did you have to use to clean the stain off your couch after he bluffed that first pot? And did your neighbors complain about the noise? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to order a new couch
Old 08-28-2007, 01:31 AM

If you think this hand is bad you are in for a real treat later on! I play much worse later on. As an aside how are you so certain it was a blocking bet.

The Jaguar story very quickly goes like this;

We were renting a car at Hertz and the guy kept on trying to sell me the Damage waiver, I declined stating that my CC covered it, he went on and about how he was the manager of the Hertz and it wouldn't cover this particular car because it was a luxury car. I said okay thats fine, I still don't want the damage waiver.

He basically wasn't taking no for an answer telling us what a smart move it was getting the damage waiver blah blah blah, it must have went on for like 15 mins I had had enough I looked over at the other rental agencies and they all had a line so I resigned myself to getting the damage waiver and getting out of the airport.

The day I was returning the car I saw the manager dude outside in the lot and for whatever reason I decided to scrape the entire side of the car along a stone pillar while waving hello. I realize that the damage didn't didn't come out of his pocket, but I just couldn't resist. As I exited the car and signed the return receipt I told him that he was right the Damage waiver was the nuts and I was glad he talked me into it.

I can't rent from hertz anymore.

Haralabos
Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Hellmuth's 27o bluff was probably the greatest TV hand I"ve seen

[/ QUOTE ]

watching antonio esfandiari bluff off $160,000 to david benyamine in season 3 was by far the best.

benyamine had like J-2, he flopped a jack and turned a deuce. can't remember what antonio had.... something like 3,4 suited.

i got a kick out of the hand at the end when antonio salerno bluffs off $100,000+ with the 7 deuce
Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 AM

LOL n1!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I exited the car and signed the return receipt I told him that he was right the Damage waiver was the nuts and I was glad he talked me into it.

Haralabos

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi-[censored]-larious.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think this hand is bad you are in for a real treat later on! I play much worse later on. As an aside how are you so certain it was a blocking bet.

We were renting a car at Hertz and the guy kept on trying to sell me the Damage waiver, I declined stating that my CC covered it, he went on and about how he was the manager of the Hertz and it wouldn't cover this particular car because it was a luxury car. I said okay thats fine, I still don't want the damage waiver.

He basically wasn't taking no for an answer telling us what a smart move it was getting the damage waiver blah blah blah, it must have went on for like 15 mins I had had enough I looked over at the other rental agencies and they all had a line so I resigned myself to getting the damage waiver and getting out of the airport.

The day I was returning the car I saw the manager dude outside in the lot and for whatever reason I decided to scrape the entire side of the car along a stone pillar while waving hello. I realize that the damage didn't didn't come out of his pocket, but I just couldn't resist. As I exited the car and signed the return receipt I told him that he was right the Damage waiver was the nuts and I was glad he talked me into it.

Haralabos

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Haralabos is da bomb!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you were representing the flush draw what did you think he was going to call with? So it could have been a value bet if you pegged him as the type of player to put you on a bluff.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Haralabos

[/ QUOTE ]

you're an idiot.

and aren't you the guy you thought it would be funny to tear into a poor waitress by attacking and making fun of her body parts?

real classy guy. in truth, you look like the prototypical dork
Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 AM

When he bet the turn, I was fairly certain that he wasn't on a draw. I thought about check calling the river.

I had never played with the guy before, but just going off of the hour or so we had interacted together. I felt like he was the type of player that would be very likely to do what I call the machismo raise on the river.

I based this mainly on the tight shirt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I can't tell ya how often I have won very large pots with 1 pair hands by doing what I guess you guys refer to as making a blocking bet. I usually forget the part where you are supposed to fold on the river.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:01 AM

I watched this on my DVR after midnight EST, so I don't understand the commercial complaints. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Great episode, and I can't wait for next week!