Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

Have you gotten your Rita Hayworth poster yet?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:02 AM

How did you find out about your indictment ? Must have been a shocker when you first found out. How much violence or assaults did you witness ? Every day ? Every couple days ? The atmosphere in jail edgy or more comfortable ?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:36 AM

Are the guards corrupt?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:57 AM

Great thread.

IDIOTS STOP ARGUING GO PM EACH OTHER AND JERK OFF TO EACH OTHER'S AWAITED RESPONSES.

OP,

You mentioned looking out for the dude who was snorting heroin. I've always wondered, how do they get the drugs inside?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:26 AM

Did people in jail know you were Jewish? I am Jewish myself and that is my worst fear. Can't join the ethnic gangs or the Aryan Brotherhood.

What is a white (lol) Jewish bro to do?

I know a bunch of stockbrokers. Virtually ALL push the boundary of the laws.

DA is highly political. Look at the Duke Lacrosse garbage.

I would have fought it tooth and nail. I don't care if a trail would take 9 months.

Good read.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:45 AM

Guiliani made his name as a US Attorney by prosecuting a lot of white collar guys who would've only normally faced civil suits.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 PM

Mr,

For the plea I asked about that, my lawyer said it was different than the feds in that the DOC had total say where I go.

DHG,

Yeah not so much of a strain because of where I was located. It def sucked, but I was able to see her 2x/week for 5hrs each day, and I spoke with her everyday for an hour. Conjugal are only the maxs, but we had our share of long kisses and little rubbing.

FWIW some people were able to get laid in the visitor bathroom durin visits

Adebisi,

Totally thought about running. I knew that thye would not come after me, but I would never be able to come back to the US again. They did want my passport, my lawyer told them I lost it, which I di, and they never said anything after. No assets were frozen, surprisingly . The head DA is still there, he did the Tyco investigation. His assistant is now trying to be a white collar defense attorney
Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 PM

Hawk,

Most of the guards (co) were alright. At the worst they were a stickler for rules, ie. write you up for smoking. At the very worst they were [censored], like the co who wrote me up when I had my hand on the inside of my gf thigh in visit. But I didnt see any that were abusive. Some I had conversations with, but you definitely did not want to be known as one who always spoke to the co's.

Miss,

No rita, but I did read the count of monte cristo in there 1400 pages.

Tornado,

The day I will never forget is when our SEC lawyer called us and said he was contacted by the Da. The incompetent ADA called him by mistake, essentially tipping him that my office was involved in an investifgation. LOL, at the end of the conversation the ADA told my lawyer "dont say anything".

Our SEC guy said we should probably think about talking to criminal lawyers. We were like "huh". I still did not think it was a big deal until a week later, when our new criminal lawyers went down to the DA to see what was up. They came back and told us that the DA truly believes we did something wrong. My "fun life" ended there. For the next 9 months our lawyers were trying to prove to the DA we were in no way involved with criminal activity and had no idea what the other ofices were doing. Like I wrote in a previous post, a lawyer told us woith this DA "God himself could come down and tell him he is wrong , and he still wont believe it".

So 9 months after learning about the investigation wwe were indicted. Our lawyers filed what I thtought were fabulous motion to dismiss (which rarely happens) and 1 year after indictment was a trial.

Oddly enough, I never saw a fight, saw threats but no fights.The atmosphere in my jail was I guess very laid back relatively speaking.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:36 PM

BXb,

I think I heard of one guard who was bringing drugs in, but that wasabout it.

Vyse,

On the visit, their girl or whoever would bring it in a balloon. Pass it to them, and they would either swallow it (chit it out later) or boof it (shove it way up the butt).

After a visit we are stripped searched, bend over and spread them type.

Golf,

I dont think the aryans run deep in NY. I did see one or two with "white power" on their arms.

I at first was worried about that. When I ws in Rikers I told people I was half jewish, nobody cared. When I got to my prison I was back to full Jewish, again rarely heard anything racist. There were about 7 Jewish guys in the whole prison (400 people), but we were allowed to have our own synagogue( a small room), have friday dinners (I am reformed, but the guy made a mean shabbos dinner). And all the holidays. We even were allowed to have a Sukkas(sp). A rabbi came once a week, as one is assigned to every 5 jail.
Religion, and race wre respected.

As far as your fighting attitude, mine was the same. I would have gone a 2 year trial if I knew there was a decent chance of einning on all counts. THe leverag the Da has, and why most of these cases plea out is they make the risk reward so great.

Big,

Exactly
Old 11-25-2007, 01:48 AM

What did you miss the most about normal life when you were in prison?
Was it better or worse than you thought it would be?
What part of your life changed the most from before to after you got out of prison?