Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Folding overcards

No reads on vilain, he didn't get on the table long ago.

Was my fold a good choice? PF I gave him the range TT+,AQ+ and when he pushed, I guessed JJ,KK or AA. What do you guys think?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($46.55)
Button ($28)
SB ($27.05)
Hero ($25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.25, UTG folds.

Flop: ($8) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $15.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $29.50
Old 08-01-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Folding overcards

I like a 4bet preflop and fold to a push. It gets more information, but given the texture of the flop and the action, nh.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:45 PM

I find it strange that he got fancy and checked this flop being the preflop 3bettor and all. I guess maybe he could have JJ, a lot of bad villains will CR that in this spot.

Anyway yeah i guess you don't beat anything at all at the flop here, so fold seems fine I guess. Your flop bet is marginal, I was thinking of a pot control line, but I came to the conclusion that I like your bet. For value, control and information.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a 4bet preflop and fold to a push. It gets more information, but given the texture of the flop and the action, nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, a 4bet folds out everything we beat and only gets action from hands stronger than ours. I say we take a flop here.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:48 PM

Maybe I should have checked the flop and hope for a scary A so I get a free showdown?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:50 PM

i find this line good for me
Old 08-01-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to 4bet this in position because we're not going to get looked up with much less than qq from any normal micro, so 4betting here is only folding out hands we want action from.

With that out of the way, a flat call is fine. Without a history with villain, I look this up because he had the lead preflop and elects to check. I think this is a bluff with AK maybe even AJ a good percentage of the time.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 PM

AJ? Why would he 3bet me with AJ if he just arrived.. It's not like he knows my aggressive image.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to 4bet this in position because we're not going to get looked up with much less than qq from any normal micro, so 4betting here is only folding out hands we want action from.

With that out of the way, a flat call is fine. Without a history with villain, I look this up because he had the lead preflop and elects to check. I think this is a bluff with AK maybe even AJ a good percentage of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. If villain is any kind of competent he will probably c-bet a HU pot in which he was the PF aggressor.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Exactly.

Everytime this happens it's 1 of 2 things. The guy loves his hand really bad and wants to c/r me or he has AK, didn't hit, doesn't want to lose a big CB and decides to give up on the hand.