Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 02:32 PM

Default 25NL: KK vs short stack w/ A high flop

My mind stopped working during this hand.. what do you guys do here? Does the flush draw on the turn change anything? Do you lead out on the flop? No reads on villain.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($62.40)
UTG ($32.80)
MP ($8.35)
CO ($18.85)
Button ($37.40)
SB ($24.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.1</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2.85.

Flop: ($8.55) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($8.55) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ??
Old 07-22-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: 25NL: KK vs short stack w/ A high flop

I pretty much always lead this flop and as played definitely bet the turn since you picked up teh nut flush draw to back up your already strong hand.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:38 PM

ALso, since villain has ~14 left, you could just open shove that turn and not have to worry about having to act first on the river with awkward stacks or no FE.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:47 PM

I think that you should have bet this flop for sure after 3 betting PF. An ace is definately in your range. As played on the turn I bet $7 or so. Your hand is already most likely ahead, and you picked up the NFD.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:12 PM

CO doesn't have a short stack, he has an awkward stack.

I don't think I bet this turn if I chk the flop. Why? Not much I beat is calling, and I've got the nut draw so I don't care if there's a draw out there -- even "5 outers."

I can chk call something reasonable and see what the river brings.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:47 PM

betting this flop has no value. if he has an ace he calls if not he folds. headsup chances you are up against two spades are slim. if villain is solid he only calls preflop with a big ace, or a pocket pair for set value. obviously pocket pair doesnt have FD, and we know where A,K spade is. if you check you give free cards to 2 outers here (pocket pair hitting a set) which is ok if the upside is pot size control.
I would check/call turn, as I don't want to be reraised and forced to fold my nut draw. I'd call a reasonable river bet.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much always lead this flop and as played definitely bet the turn since you picked up teh nut flush draw to back up your already strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

leading out on a flop OOP is a bad play especially with short stack who prob. isnt the greatest player and can be playin weaker aces here easily
Old 07-22-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

leading out on a flop OOP is a bad play especially with short stack who prob. isnt the greatest player and can be playin weaker aces here easily

[/ QUOTE ]

1) We have no reads
2) Hes not a "shortstack", hes more mid.

I think the bet is g00t. Considering the original pf aggression we showed, I think if we bet the ace is definately in our range. Also if we check and we are bet into we have no clue where we stand.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:57 PM

hes not short stacked, you just have a large stack.... a read here is the most important info. i would lead the flop for $5. also i see him having a small pr. considering he flat called you reraise, or AK (if hes a decent player). as played try to show this down cheap. i dont know if i call a PSB on the turn.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:58 PM

Why not leading out on that flop?
If you lead out with air on those flop, why not leading out with a strong hand?
And all in all, i see people calling on the flop w/ 2nd pair and a flush draw. Therefore i bet this flop. And if he calls, i shove the turn w/ the backup.