Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Just how young (and why) are the top players online?

Most old people that I know of aren't smart. They don't have the stamina. There not good with computers. That is pretty much 100 the reasoning behind it.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:34 AM

Just think about your parents playing poker.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:38 AM

omg sillygooser. you're the worst player ever! omgomgomg lol awesome!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:47 AM

Here is the real deal from an "old" person.

Young kids have balls . I had balls when I was young.

Young kids have stamina . I had lots of stamina when I was young. Nowadays, after 3 or 4 hours I'm toast. My brain is literally fried. I played 2.5 hours today and I couldn't even think straight when I quit the game.

Young people are reckless . I was reckless when I was young, and it made me well, and broke me at the same time. But you need that adventurous attitude to make it to the big time.

Young people are willing to go broke . I went broke dozens of times when I was young, but it's something I don't even want to think about now.

Young peole think they know everything . They're cocky, arrogant, and opinionated. They may not know everything but thinking that way helps tremendously with your confidence.

Young people are not only confident, but they truly belive that they're very lucky. I happen to think I'm very unlucky. I was luckier when I was young.

When you get older you realize how stupid you were when you were young, and how lucky you are to even be alive. Age gives you a different perspective on things.

By the way, how old was the guy who got third in the main event?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just think about your parents playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard a rumour Joey Sebok's dad is actually a decent poker player...
Old 07-20-2007, 05:07 AM

you guys are way overemphasizing younger players having more energy, stamina, and mental ability and way underemphasizing the simple fact that younger people spend alot more time online and are much more computer literate and more likely to go the online route vs playing live poker.

lol at thinking people have lost their mental acumen by the time they hit their late 20s/early 30s
Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 AM

How has no one said anything about how the title of this thread is worded. CLearly an old person came up with this title.

Young people are not as set in there ways. Whenever I play live, it always seems like the old people at the table play alot more predictably than the young ones.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the real deal from an "old" person.

Young kids have balls . I had balls when I was young.

Young kids have stamina . I had lots of stamina when I was young. Nowadays, after 3 or 4 hours I'm toast. My brain is literally fried. I played 2.5 hours today and I couldn't even think straight when I quit the game.

Young people are reckless . I was reckless when I was young, and it made me well, and broke me at the same time. But you need that adventurous attitude to make it to the big time.

Young people are willing to go broke . I went broke dozens of times when I was young, but it's something I don't even want to think about now.

Young peole think they know everything . They're cocky, arrogant, and opinionated. They may not know everything but thinking that way helps tremendously with your confidence.

Young people are not only confident, but they truly belive that they're very lucky. I happen to think I'm very unlucky. I was luckier when I was young.

When you get older you realize how stupid you were when you were young, and how lucky you are to even be alive. Age gives you a different perspective on things.

By the way, how old was the guy who got third in the main event?

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread
Old 07-20-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
older (35+) people aren't good at thinking quickly for whatever reason, especially using electronics

[/ QUOTE ]

r u serious? You can come up with something better than that. There are some good ones in this thread, but this one made me shake my head.

I'm 38 with a Masters in both Computer Science and Mathematics and am head of programming at a Fortune 500 company. We "older people" simply cannot sit around in our PJs all day and play poker. It's called already having a life.

Once I learned bankroll management, I started at the micro level of 10NL. 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week MAX is all I can put in. Since Oct 06. I have moved to 25NL and crushed it, then to 50NL with pretty much the same success and now I am splitting time between 50NL and 100NL and I have NO doubt I will be beating 100NL and taking shots at 200NL soon.

If I could put in the amount of time these guys put in, I know for a fact I would be playing and beating the higher levels. But less time to play = less hands = less knowledge of the game.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 38 with a Masters in both Computer Science and Mathematics and am head of programming at a Fortune 500 company. We "older people" simply cannot sit around in our PJs all day and play poker. It's called already having a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol