Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: * * * * AUGUST LOW CONTENT THREAD * * * * *DELETED*

Buzz, you seem like a both intelligent and good-natured human being so I think I'm going to let this rest from my side. I just find it kind of strange that you'd interpret it as being mean spirited when he asked for a graph immediately after saying 'die'. But I concede that it can be difficult to interpret intention and tone on an internet forum, and if you're not frequenting BBV/NVG etc. you might not be familiar with how common similar statements are on 2+2.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buzz, you seem like a both intelligent and good-natured human being so I think I'm going to let this rest from my side. I just find it kind of strange that you'd interpret it as being mean spirited when he asked for a graph immediately after saying 'die'. But I concede that it can be difficult to interpret intention and tone on an internet forum, and if you're not frequenting BBV/NVG etc. you might not be familiar with how common similar statements are on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ok with him too if for nothing more than the humor factor. I still have a hard time believing this guy is for real at deleting stuff you would find in a G movie. This should be quite fun.

Also, for the record, if it matters, anyone can post any abuse directed my way. In other words, please don't delete anything directed my way. I can take it, they are just words on a good internet poker discussion forum.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:43 PM

When was the last time a mod actually did anything on this forum since beset?

lassez faire si vous plait
Old 08-02-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, for the record, if it matters, anyone can post any abuse directed my way. In other words, please don't delete anything directed my way. I can take it, they are just words on a good internet poker discussion forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:50 PM

I wish this whole 'die' thing would just die.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM

PS I didn't play a hand of poker today.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
die

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not that there is anything wrong with the word "die." I've tried to make it clear that abusing another poster on this forum is inappropriate. It's not entirely what the poster intends, but how also how the words used will be perceived.

From my perspective there are some great posters on this site. But there are also some nasty, mean, hateful posts. It's not always easy for me to tell when you're joking and if that's all right with the person who is the butt of your joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is for over-18s. What the hell business is it of yours what we say to each other, and decide what is and what is not inappropriate? Fine, so you're here to moderate our forum, thankyou, why can't you just stick to deleting spam? That's all we need you for and that's all we want you for.

'nasty, mean, hateful posts'

real life, meet buzz, buzz, meet real life.

And I thought los angeleans were liberal
Old 08-03-2007, 01:21 AM

w00t its a low content if noone informed moderator thats means all ok and you dont need to delete any posts
except really abusing
lol
Old 08-03-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is for over-18s.

[/ QUOTE ] Indeed. [ QUOTE ]
What the hell business is it of yours what we say to each other, and decide what is and what is not inappropriate?

[/ QUOTE ] Wazz – I don’t really care what you say to anyone, and I don’t really care what anyone else says to you. However, when anyone posts on this forum, as moderator of the forum, I am asking that the posts not be abusive in nature. Thus when you post on this forum, I am asking that you refrain from being abusive, and I am asking others not to be abusive of you.

In addition, if anyone wants to write a post as a response to help another poster, I would appreciate it if the person providing the “help” would make that response helpful, rather than brushing off the poster with something like “use the search engine,” or something else that really is not very helpful at all.

And the guidelines posted by Beset still apply. I’ll deal with anything else as it comes up and as I am able.

I don’t know what kind of interactions you have with various other posters, but if you want to talk trash to your buddies, this does not seem the place for it. I don’t think the previous sentence particularly applies to you, Wazz. Before writing this response, I looked over some of your previous posts, and they seem fine to me, (not that it matters one iota to you whether they do or not). But I’m just writing that to perhaps reassure you. I’m guessing you have a lot of worthwhile information to contribute, and I’m hoping you do so. Or just your opinion of whether someone should fold, bet, call, raise, or re-raise is fine too.

And when you have a question or a problem related to Omaha-high or an Omaha-high hand or game you need help with, I’m hoping that someone else here will provide you with assistance.

[ QUOTE ]
Fine, so you're here to moderate our forum

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. Seems so.

[ QUOTE ]
why can't you just stick to deleting spam?

[/ QUOTE ]That’s only part of the task of moderator.

“Why can’t you stick to that?” I can.

(“Why don’t you stick to that?” probably would have been a better question, and harder for me to answer – but I’ll try).

I don’t have an axe to grind. I didn’t start out moderating with an agenda to change things. But I think some small changes will make this forum a better place for visitors and posters alike. I’m trying to do the job I think I should do as moderator to implement those small changes.

That’s just the way it is. I’d rather you like it, or at least tolerate it, but if you don’t, that’s still just the way it is.

[ QUOTE ]
That's all we need you for and that's all we want you for.

[/ QUOTE ]”We”?

I've tried to make my position clear. I'm asking everyone to refrain from heaping abuse on other posters on the open forum. And I'm firm on that point.

[ QUOTE ]
real life, meet buzz, buzz, meet real life.

[/ QUOTE ]Back at you, Wazz. Meet real life.

[ QUOTE ]
And I thought los angeleans were liberal

[/ QUOTE ]London is one of my favorite cities. As I recall, London has a wide mix. Los Angeles does too. I suspect individuals in both places, are liberal in some ways and conservative in others.

I think the word “liberal” means being favorable to progress or reform. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

I didn’t think the position I am choosing to take as temporary moderator of this forum while Felicia recovers had much to do with being liberal or not. But now that you mention it, when you think of the true definition of the word, does my position on the matter seem anything but “liberal” to you?

“Tolerant” is maybe the word you wanted (or maybe not). At any rate, I think of myself as reasonably tolerant, but at the same time, I’m firm on some issues. You may view that firmness as intolerance.

It is not my intention to offend you (or anyone else).

Buzz