Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Renouncing US Citizenship

The % of fat people is actually one of the negatives in my opinion but that isn't relevant.

The best place to live is individual specific. Someone who is lazy and incompetent will do much better in France then in the USA.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone who is lazy and incompetent will do much better in France then in the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl
Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 PM

bruiser, i agree with them the country you go to especially israel will probably have a bunch of stuff you hate as much as the USA.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM

OP,

What other countries have you been to?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 PM

i agree that the US is great for it's citizens, but on the other hand it acts immorally towards other countries, AND part of the reason it's so good for its citizens is because it acts immorally towards other countries (and steals and bullies to get what it wants). so well i could live comfortably as a thug who doesn't act ethically, more comfortably than other people live, i still don't choose to act like that.

gtrhtr, i've travelled a little south of the united states, a little in europe, and a little near that thialnd asia area
Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 PM

it does act really immorally at times.

But it also has been known to do some good things for other countries too including donating money and assistance after disasters. Albeit not as much as they should imo but all of their actions towards other countries are not all bad and bully-like.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it does act really immorally at times.

But it also has been known to do some good things for other countries too including donating money and assistance after disasters. Albeit not as much as they should imo but all of their actions towards other countries are not all bad and bully-like.

[/ QUOTE ]

the US donates a lot less in comparison to other well off countries. also most of it's aid is military aid to other militaristic countries. and the aid beyond that only appears as altruistic aid, it's really part of some plan where the priority is to further our own interests.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:30 AM

I would like to see a list of the countries that you consider moving to/becoming a citizen of. Because its clear that you have a lot of complaints about the US, so lets see what countries you feel are better and worthy of your innocent and positive company.

I suppose you can remove all wealthy countries from the list as they all have goten some of their riches by exploiting poorer countries in trade or earlier imperialism. Most muslim countries have to be scratched from the list as they discriminate people of other religions. Lots of African countries cannot be contenders as they have curroption, are in war or support warlords, poor people are not being prioritized by the rich leaders.

I have to say Im very curious about what countries you are considering, due to the fact that most countries are guilty of a lot of the same stuff you accuse the US of.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:52 AM

I have no idea what it takes to "grease the wheels" but getting Thai citizenship legally will probably take 10 years or so and like $50,000. I've never met anyone who has done this before and I'd imagine even if u get a passport most people won't consider you thai no matter what.

They even make foreign husbands of thai women leave the country once a year.

Everything I've heard is if u ever want to come back to the US again its not worth renouncing citizenship.

The EU citizenship thing sounds pretty good, but all they need to do is make a law that says "now we tax gambling wins" and I'll wish I was back in the USA.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and the aid beyond that only appears as altruistic aid, it's really part of some plan where the priority is to further our own interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only speaking generally of course and wasn't really looking at too many details but I suspect your take on this is very much correct unfortunately.

As mentioned by the other poster though, I too would be interested to know what countries you are considering. There is some crazy corruption and other unattractive stuff practically everywhere.

Don't you have any family here or have any possibility at all of wanting to return to the U.S.? Just to play the WSOP for example.
20 years from now whatever country you choose could be turned completely upside-down with corruption and you'll wish you still had the U.S. as an option.
Then again, 20 years from now you might be really happy to not be part of the U.S. and whatever huge mess they might be going through at the time.