Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: sorry and i\'m alive

[ QUOTE ]
By-Tor,
Or how about you dont know wtf you are talking about? How about that?

I dont care about the money. i dont want it from him at this point in time.

i care about his actions. i care that someone i spoke everyday for a period of two years on aim/googletalk/gmail/myspace/2p2 runs away without having the decency to say, "Hey, Im ok. Sorry Im not gonna be able to pay you back."

I was one of [censored] 's oldest friends. We met on a different poker forum (anyone remember United Poker Forum?) and I considered him as close a friend as I'm gonna make on here. I was seriously worried about him. I had actually wondered how I would react if I found out he had died.

I sent him emails, myspace messages, pms, etc to try to get in contact with him. Nothing. And then I find out that while I was trying to help him via coaching and staking he's also getting loans from other 2p2rs?!?! I'm supposed to think, oh, thats ok?

He deliberately (at least with me) kept me in the dark about things while I was transferring him money. And then, i guess, when his [censored] hit the fan he just ran out on it. That's bush league [censored].

Ive hit hard times before, both mentally and financially. But I was always 100% honest and straight up with any friends who have staked/loaned me. Its a common thing in this profession.

[censored] was not honest in his dealings and then ran away from them. And I'm supposed to brush it under the rug because he is "back"? No way. He knowingly scammed his friends out of money and then didnt even have the human decency to apologize or even admit it. i think it speaks volumes of his character and there is no way he should be a moderator of a gambling forum otherwise he will take advatage of that power again.

and as far as it being not much money... who are you to decide that? [censored] sure as hell didnt borrow from any ballers (except maybe vehn :P). i loaned [censored] $500 when i had like a $3k br playing 100nl. it didnt hurt me really, but im sure there have been some times when i could have used it.

sry if this is emo or confusing but im very pissed about the entire situation and especially with how people are responding to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

TRANSLATION: me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

How many more "I"'s can you put in there? There must be more about YOU you'd like to tell us.

Guess what dude, not everyone handles bad situations in a perfect manner. Not everyone is able to communicate a the worst of times. Some people just need space and time to sort things out on their own. Not everyone feels comfortable being in positions of weakness and having to talk about it.

Some people think that their "friends" will understand when the time comes to explain it to them.

Selfish much?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:30 AM

so in bytor land its ok to lie and steal from your friends?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:34 AM

"Guess what dude, not everyone handles bad situations in a perfect manner. Not everyone is able to communicate a the worst of times. Some people just need space and time to sort things out on their own. Not everyone feels comfortable being in positions of weakness and having to talk about it."

This is SO [censored] stupid its almost beyond comprehension. Yeah, wow life is hard sometimes. Thanks for the insight! How you respond to adversity often speaks volumes about your character.

Jeremy respnded to adversity by lying and stealing from people who considered him friends. Poor him.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored],

Glad to hear you're alive. Hope you pull out of this well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2007, 02:54 AM

FWIW, thatpfunk's posts seem pretty justified from the point of view of somebody who's not personal friends with [censored].
Old 10-22-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that has greatly reduced my stress levels has been quitting as a moderator (and reading altogether) the TwoPlusTwo forums

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
Alright, time to go back into hiding.

[/ QUOTE ] You a LIAR!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:15 AM

hey cesnor, what happened? i didn't even know you had problems. when you come back write some more stories for me, together we can ressurect destinyboy.com and make it the best site on the interweb
Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 AM

Hey Blade,

Once you're back online, PM me if you can lend me a grand.

kthxbai
Old 10-22-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dids is right on this one, any other poster gets immediately called out for borrowing a lot of money and then vanishing, they don't get to say they're sorry and then slink away again without paying anyone back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm destined to regret getting involved in this, but two things about the bolded text:

- do you know that he borrowed "a lot" of money? "A lot" is subjective anyway, dependent on people's bankrolls and how much they are bothered by outstanding debt. He may have borrowed "a little" from a number of people, and the fact that the people who are owed only mention it in passing implies that they aren't too bothered by it, at least not yet, or that they may be classy enough to bring it up in private instead of airing it over the forums.

- he may have vanished, but it seems to be for personal reasons, not to run away from a debt. More importantly, he returned and asked for contrition.

In short, the people who he owes should be the ones having a beef with him, not their friends or any of us. I don't see how it's our business, given that those are all personal relationships that transcend 2+2 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff posted on a public internet message board is none of our business?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 PM

As an outside observer I think a very important aspect of this that is still unclear is to the relevance of [censored]'s owing the money. Was he deceptive at all?

I will help friends in hard times and expect the same if I hit sucky times, but if the honesty between friends is breached, then I am more likely in disagreement with By-Tor.

However, if this is one of those deals where [censored] needed help and didnt set a timeframe on money owed back, then vanished, I agree w/ By-Tor.

Its all about honesty and trust, and the parameters set around the money owed are imo the only relevant facts here when arguing over whether Dids was right or not. Did [censored] lie? Deceive? If not, then leave it alone.