Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What does LOL mean to you?
Load of Laughs 0 0%
Lying Out Loud 1 0.60%
Laughing On Line 0 0%
Lots Of Laughs/Laughter 2 1.20%
Leaning Over Laughing 1 0.60%
Laugh Out Loud 86 51.81%
Laughing Out Loud 70 42.17%
Lots Of Love 0 0%
Lots Of Luck 1 0.60%
Loads of Love 1 0.60%
other? 4 2.41%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: samo vs KKF revisited

[ QUOTE ]
fsu - the problem is that Samo said

'Either player may opt out on a given day or a series of days if he has legitamate reason. The moderator (the player who will keep the 20K in escrow) will determine if the postponements are in good faith or if the player is simply trying to duck out.'

This is obviously open to interpretation, and there may be a conflict on interests. From all accounts you are an honest guy, and I am not suggesting otherwise but -

i) It's possible that with money at stake you side with Samo more than you should

ii) It's possible that you are so ethical that with money on Samo you actually side with KKF more than you should, just to be sure you have no personal bias

[/ QUOTE ]

How much $$$ does FSU have on this? If it were 5-10k I think Dean would be right (despite my respect for FSU, the conflict of interest can manifest itself very subtly). But if it's only a few hundred bucks, honestly the effect will be absolutely minimal.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is obviously open to interpretation, and there may be a conflict on interests. From all accounts you are an honest guy, and I am not suggesting otherwise but -

i) It's possible that with money at stake you side with Samo more than you should

ii) It's possible that you are so ethical that with money on Samo you actually side with KKF more than you should, just to be sure you have no personal bias

[/ QUOTE ]

i see your points, but arent both of these possibilities since i am a good friend of samo's? a couple other thousand of dollars isnt enough to sway me one way or the other.

also, the bets i am making only happen if the match is completed. so my discretion in regards to postponements wouldnt really be biased by the bets i have placed, right?

if i am ok'd by both parties as being a mod, then a couple of fairly small bets arent likely to change how i judge the match.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My references include many notable contributers such as hotmark777 and fukken eh.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, gold.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:30 PM

Default moderator ethics

I see we have quite the number of mistrust - even for a reputed guy like fsuplayer. OK, here is my two cents, for what it is worth.

I am not comfortable putting 10K in escrow in the hands of someone that I do not know. While I think that Diablo is likely to be honest and fair, I have never met him and have had very limited interraction with him. Not enough to send him 10K to hold. Yeti, Dean, and the others that KKF mentioned are obviously not candidates.

fsuplayer on the other hand is someone that I have had enough interraction with that I trust him completely. Fortunately, it appears that KKF does too.

Now it is true that fsuplayer has bet on me to win the match. Does that pose a conflict of interest? I really don't think so. His responsibilities as moderator are (a) simply to hold the escrow money in case someone backs out; and (b)to determine if someone is genuinely backing out rather than taking some days off for legitamate reasons. It is (b) that requires some subjective interpretation, but is that really something that is likely to happen - and moreover, something that common sense would not prevail?

My situation is this: I have an infant son. Sometimes he falls sick and since my wife works a "normal" job, I have to take care of him and cannot play on those days. Furthermore, I still am on occasional consult with my old engineering job. My work involved DOD stuff, so while it is highly unlikely that I would be called in on a security emergency (it has not happened since I quit my job last March), it is within the realm of possibility.

I do not want to deal with the possibility of some trigger happy moderator awarding my 10K to KKF if and when such things occur. Again, I don't expect this kind of thing to happen, but I need to protect myself if it does. For that reason, I would not be willing to enter this without a moderator that I know I can trust.

I think that fsuplayer is absolutely beyond reproach. His ethics and integrity have never ever been questioned by anyone, and for people to suggest that he would return my 10K to me if I bailed on the match out of his friendship towards me - at the cost of not only ruining his reputation but also sacrificing his own ethics is at best silly and at worst downright insulting.

In any case, I think the bottom line is that KKF himself has no problem with fsu moderating. So if he (the only one who stands to lose out if fsu acts unethically) is OK with it, I really think that all you guys who have bet $100 on KKF should really take a deep breath and relax.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: moderator ethics

Assign a huge team of people to determine for FSU if you're REALLY busy or just BSing if you should stop playing. I'll obviously be the head of this committee. For starters, I'll need $500 for personal financing and an additional $1000 for team shirts for myself and the rest of the team.

PM me with any questions, Sammy boy.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My work involved DOD stuff

[/ QUOTE ]
The legend grows.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think that fsuplayer is absolutely beyond reproach. His ethics and integrity have never ever been questioned by anyone

[/ QUOTE ]

so how well do you really know fsu?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 PM

"and if he does not get precisely his way, he will find a way not to follow through with the challenge"

Do you even have the slightest basis with which to make this statement? Or as usual, are you talking out of your ass?

"I would vouch that FSU is probably the closest person to Samo "

You would vouch for that? Gee fukken, do you know either me or fsu personally? Have you ever had a conversation with either of us? On what basis are you an authority to vouch for that?

As usual, you continue to make an ass of yourself over and over on these forums and continue to be a laughingstock for everyone!

" I would not agree to have him Moderate the match"

Oh and by the way, there is no need to capitalize "Moderate".
Old 01-11-2007, 05:07 PM

There is a big difference between someone questioning one's judgement vs questioning one's integrity. To my knowledge, no one has ever questioned fsu's integrity.

FF, I like you a lot, but why are you trying to stir the pot here? Do you honestly think that there is a chance fsu would try something unethical?