Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What does LOL mean to you?
Load of Laughs 0 0%
Lying Out Loud 1 0.60%
Laughing On Line 0 0%
Lots Of Laughs/Laughter 2 1.20%
Leaning Over Laughing 1 0.60%
Laugh Out Loud 86 51.81%
Laughing Out Loud 70 42.17%
Lots Of Love 0 0%
Lots Of Luck 1 0.60%
Loads of Love 1 0.60%
other? 4 2.41%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: samo vs KKF revisited

[ QUOTE ]
From my far observations, I am almost sure El Diablo will mod it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 AM

FSU player will be mod.

Prop bet anyone? Also, there is no real conflict of interest. This isnt a soccer match, he doesnt have a game to call. All he has to make sure of is that both parties play and make themselves available. Samo spelt out the rules pretty clearly so FSU modding and betting should be fine.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If FSU is modding this match he shouldnt have any prop bets on it. That is really important.

[/ QUOTE ]

i fail to see why this is really important?

the match has (or will have) a closely defined set of rules, and my job, if i understand it, is to hold $10k from samo, and if he backs out of the matches or stops playing, then kkf gets that money. is that all correct?

if so, why should this prevent me from betting on the match?

and btw, there are tons of people on this forum who can vouch for my integrity. My references include many notable contributers such as hotmark777 and fukken eh.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dean,

Don't you trust fsuplayer? I would take a bullet for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If FSU is modding this match he shouldnt have any prop bets on it. That is really important.

[/ QUOTE ]

i fail to see why this is really important?

the match has (or will have) a closely defined set of rules, and my job, if i understand it, is to hold $10k from samo, and if he backs out of the matches or stops playing, then kkf gets that money. is that all correct?

if so, why should this prevent me from betting on the match?

and btw, there are tons of people on this forum who can vouch for my integrity. My references include many notable contributers such as hotmark777 and fukken eh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would vouch that FSU is probably the closest person to Samo on 2+2, and if I were on the otherside I would not agree to have him Moderate the match.

That being said, I highly doubt this contest will happen, Sam is a highly difficult person to deal with... and if he does not get precisely his way, he will find a way not to follow through with the challenge.

As much as I dislike Sam and his ways, for him to step up to make the challenge tells me he has been playing a significant amount of heads up on UB and thinks he has an edge.

these factors considered, I would probably bet Sam.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would vouch that FSU is probably the closest person to Samo on 2+2, and if I were on the otherside I would not agree to have him Moderate the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i broke the rules of the match, everyone would find out about it (obviously) and my reputation on this forum and more importantly, in the minds of my friends, would be shot.

so what you're saying, is that i would be at least semi likely to throw all that away for the chance to give samo back his 10k if he backed out?

come on.

and as a related sidenote, there is 0% chance samo would EVER ask me to do such a thing. ethics and morals are very important to him and he knows they are important to me and he would never put me in that position.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:39 AM

I have $2k riding on KKF, but before i go through this bet, i need some sort of assurance/garuntee that this will actually be samoleus playing KKF HU and not some rounder like togni or the great el [censored] diablo.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:40 AM

el d should take on the winner for double or nothing.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have $2k riding on KKF, but before i go through this bet, i need some sort of assurance/garuntee that this will actually be samoleus playing KKF HU and not some rounder like togni or the great el [censored] diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D is Rocky Balboa, at best...
Old 01-11-2007, 12:03 PM

fsu - the problem is that Samo said

'Either player may opt out on a given day or a series of days if he has legitamate reason. The moderator (the player who will keep the 20K in escrow) will determine if the postponements are in good faith or if the player is simply trying to duck out.'

This is obviously open to interpretation, and there may be a conflict on interests. From all accounts you are an honest guy, and I am not suggesting otherwise but -

i) It's possible that with money at stake you side with Samo more than you should

ii) It's possible that you are so ethical that with money on Samo you actually side with KKF more than you should, just to be sure you have no personal bias