Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 AM

Default TPTK Go Broke Here?

First post ever here. Looking forward to becoming more involved here. Looking back, c/r looks weird, but villain had high cbet stats. So does a RR of a C/R mean monster? Ideas on villains range?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $33.30
Hero (BB): $212.75
UTG: $138.45
Villain (BTN): $124.80

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 20/11/3(255)</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Villain raises to $3.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, Villain calls $7.00

Flop: ($20.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Villain bets $19.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $55.00</font>, <font color="red">Villain raises all-in to $114.80</font>,
Old 09-24-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: TPTK Go Broke Here?

Even if you think you might be beat here you have to call I think. 60 dollars to see a pot with 190 in it is just too good with your hand. He has a lot of potential hands that he pushes with here that are losing to you at the moment.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 AM

I call, its only 60$ at a pot of 250$. Its close though and I'm not that happy about the call, still his bet is basically a min raise.

Hes gonna show up with KJs, AQ, AKs, KK, AA, 10/10, Q/10, QQ, 88, j10s 910s, k10s, A10s and the occasional KJo, Axs, QJ, 10/8. The last 4 hands might not be in a 20/11/3s range. Even if you think the first list of hands is his entire range a call is slightly better fold here.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:46 AM

Easy call. He can't really put you on tptk since most people would cbet on that drawy flop. Your line looks a lot like AK so I think he's shoving with worse a lot of the time.

You have to be pretty sure he's gonna bet this flop to pull a c/raise though. There are a ton of scare cards that can hit on the turn if he checks behind. I'd rather just bet out the flop.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:57 AM

crap spot but the board is too drawy and u have to much invested to fold i think. i call and like thye said im not happy about it, but think u probably should. oh and welcome by the way, sorry u lost gl.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:07 AM

What was the hand that he had?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:13 AM

You can't check-raise this flop and then fold, your odds are too good and you played the hand too tricky. You trapped him, so give yourself a pat on the back.

In this dynamic (button-bb-medium sized stacks), I don't think you can fold anywhere, given you flopped TPTK in a heads-up reraised pot, unless your opponent is extremely nitty and won't push over a flop bet without having you beat. So the question is really what is the best line given that we don't care how big the pot gets.

I don't like your flop check. There are a TON of hands he could have that have anywhere from 6-11 outs against you, and he will check behind on this board quite frequently, I think. Also, he might underbet, which many villains at these limits do, which leaves for really awkward stack sizes on the turn, which can come with a lot of ugly cards. It also takes some of the benefit out of checking because then the pot won't be as big as you like as often as you like.

So, I would just bet bet bet until he did something other than call. Maybe there are situations where you can get away from the hand, but that depends on some specific factors, like the actual turn card and his bet sizing and so forth.

As played, it's a clear call.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:16 AM

Easy call as played, although it's far from a great spot.

But WTF with the c/r on the flop?

Just bet right out, giving a card here is crazy if he checks behind, and the c/r always gets you committed (as happened here) when you might not want to be.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:21 AM

Checkraising this flop is really really bad. You got yourself in a [censored] situation now you have to call.

Also 3 bet more preflop, you're out of position and giving him good odds to call.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:25 AM

I appreciate all your guys' advice. Been feeling a little lost lately and needed to reaffirm some decisions.

I agree with mythrilfox that leading out on the flop is better, but is there a place for a check/raise, lets say, if villain is 90% or higher cbetting flop?

I ended up calling and was up against 10-8 for two pair.