Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: 2/4 online blind war

[ QUOTE ]

if we want to SD, fine, but imo if we do indeed c/r the turn and call down a 3bet, we don't ever win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just really way way wrong man. He could do this with AT some of the time, QJ, KJ, maybe J8, as well as a monster spew with some nonsense. You'd be surprised the kind of nonsense you get shown in these situations. You are good WAY often enough to call the river in this situation.

You seem to give people too much credit in general PBob. Like you posted a hand back where someone donked and Ace turn on a dry board and you raised figuring he'd fold top pair. Just not gonna happen man. Yes, maybe he 'should' fold the Ace cos you'd never try to bluff him off an ace or whatever kind of logic he has, but fact is he just ain't folding it. Similarly here, maybe he shouldn't be 3 betting the turn then betting the river with a worse hand, but he will. So call.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if we want to SD, fine, but imo if we do indeed c/r the turn and call down a 3bet, we don't ever win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just really way way wrong man. He could do this with AT some of the time, QJ, KJ, maybe J8, as well as a monster spew with some nonsense. You'd be surprised the kind of nonsense you get shown in these situations. You are good WAY often enough to call the river in this situation.

You seem to give people too much credit in general PBob. Like you posted a hand back where someone donked and Ace turn on a dry board and you raised figuring he'd fold top pair. Just not gonna happen man. Yes, maybe he 'should' fold the Ace cos you'd never try to bluff him off an ace or whatever kind of logic he has, but fact is he just ain't folding it. Similarly here, maybe he shouldn't be 3 betting the turn then betting the river with a worse hand, but he will. So call.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:17 PM

does anyone ever bet to 3 bet the turn? i think it shows extreme strength on a board of 9 10 J.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:06 PM

i never bet 3 bet here. The only hand that would fold to my 3bet would be a worse hand like KJ.

QJ, QQ, KK all see the river card with straight draws and...

TT, 99, T9, JJ all get to charge me extra money that i can use for oysters and lobster.

I do see however see the meta-game benefit of looking super duper aggro, maybe tilting someone if i get there w/ my flush, and then getting crazy action in the future.

Still this benefit doesn't seem to outweigh the money i lose a lot of the time IMHO.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM

If the opponent smooth calls the C/R on the turn, then what is your line? C/C? B/C?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/r tha turn, call down a 3 bet. Simple, effective, profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we get 3bet here, he's gotta be a special kind of idiot to show up with a worse hand since we have taken a very strong line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a high limit player but I understand the general concept that it is bad to fold the river in these situations because you are just begging to get bluffed on future hands if your opp knows you will fold a big pot for one bet on the river with a (presumably) made hand. Having to put an extra bet in the pot in this situation, even if you're an underdog to his range, is only a minor inconvenience because it will only cost you a fraction of a bet in equity, which is a lot less bad than mistakes that cost you multiple bets in the same hand.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the opponent smooth calls the C/R on the turn, then what is your line? C/C? B/C?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right?

bet call.

I c/r the turn and call down 3. It'll feel dirty in a way but owell not comparing cards in this hand is insane (unless of course your opponent folds)