Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 09:08 PM

Default 2/4 online blind war

$200/400 online. I haven't been getting much to showdown but in the hands that have gone to the river all seem to be legit holdings by my opponents. I'm losing in the game.

I raise AJ of diamonds in the SB and the BB 3 bets me. BB is unknown to me but I've seen him around (mostly sitting in higher stake games but not playing). We haven't played together before. I decide to cap.

The flop is T94 with the T4 of my suit. I bet he raises and I decide to just call with my flush draw. Turn is a J. My plan?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: 2/4 online blind war

[ QUOTE ]
$200/400 online. I haven't been getting much to showdown but in the hands that have gone to the river all seem to be legit holdings by my opponents. I'm losing in the game.

I raise AJ of diamonds in the SB and the BB 3 bets me. BB is unknown to me but I've seen him around (mostly sitting in higher stake games but not playing). We haven't played together before. I decide to cap.

The flop is T94 with the T4 of my suit. I bet he raises and I decide to just call with my flush draw. Turn is a J. My plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you can c/r the turn, and fold the river UI if he 3balls the turn and bets the river. if you do improve on the river, c/r that [censored] again, although i think you may have to bet an ace or a jack.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:27 PM

folding river UI if he 3 balls might not be right... depends who villain is, he could three bet semibluff a lot on the turn ... possibly (this is online), the pot is getting big, i might pay off a lot of rivers that arent KQ8 or something even after getting 3 balled on the turn
Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 PM

As someone once said before me, lines that are devised to fold the river for 1 bet suck.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 AM

c/r tha turn, call down a 3 bet. Simple, effective, profitable.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r tha turn, call down a 3 bet. Simple, effective, profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we get 3bet here, he's gotta be a special kind of idiot to show up with a worse hand since we have taken a very strong line.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:29 AM

i should add he seems pretty tough. not a special kind of idiot so far.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if we get 3bet here, he's gotta be a special kind of idiot to show up with a worse hand since we have taken a very strong line.

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerbob please dont take offense to this but you dont play 2/4 online and folding the river in the suggested spot would be really bad.

-brad
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerbob please dont take offense to this but you dont play 2/4 online and folding the river in the suggested spot would be really bad.

-brad

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my exact point when i clarified that this was online...
just is a bad idea to fold in a sb bb battle in a pot that is now 12+ bbs with tptk
Old 09-26-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense taken. facts do not offend me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i do not currently play 200/400 online.

maybe villain would play AT,KT,QT this way (3betting the turn and barreling a river blank), but my assumption has always been (although i am finding it to be incorrect more and more) that guys who play this big online are not total morons, which he would have to be to take this line with KT given our line. what on earth could he think we have that he beats?

if we cannot fold, then i really don't see the point in betting the turn. he is only going to raise us with better hands and perhaps occasionally with worse hands, and there isn't much we need to protect our hand against. the only (reasonable) hands that may draw out that we currently beat are KT-QT, QJ, MAYBE KJ, 77 and 88, and all of those hands have outs that are dirty given our diamond draw AND are going to bet the turn anyway. we have bigger aces in huge trouble, and it isn't likely he has AQ-AK anyway given his line relative to ours.

if we want to SD, fine, but imo if we do indeed c/r the turn and call down a 3bet, we don't ever win.