Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 05:33 PM

Default I leak bad here...

I mean wtf, how is he not going to put me on a hand here to fold instead of reraising me?

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (3.60 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.80 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.80 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

River - (12.80 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls $0.45 (all-in)
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises

Total pot: (18.60 BB - $9.30)
Old 08-17-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: I leak bad here...

That's some nutty play. You really need to fold fifth, though.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:47 PM

After the raise fest on 6th I think you have to assume that bluffing the river is not going to succeed.

And yeah, on 5th he's way ahead.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 PM

I dont bet 4th street. Your opponent caught well and probably did not pair. I definitely fold 5th. On 6th your opponent says I have smooth 8 and you can not beat it.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:53 PM

fold 5th.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:23 PM

lol, you were obviously caught in the moment and villian read your soul.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:52 AM

The steal attempt is fine but folding would be non-horrible. Continuing on fourth is standard. Raising fifth is horrible. The other guy has a four-card hand and is not folding. You have a three-card hand. This is the time to fold. Raising sixth is also horrible. The other guy probably didn't defend with an Eight in the hole, so he's got a made hand. You, on the other hand, are drawing and have only one card to come. The river is also spewing. Either get SOP or quit playing razz.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean wtf, how is he not going to put me on a hand here to fold instead of reraising me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre at Full Tilt here, right? I have notes on two different players at that level, I never see them at .50/1, that ALWAYS DO THIS. They almost always have crappy hands and people just fold to them by the river - some kind of escapees from a no limit hold 'em asylum. Thing is, most do fold to them. As soon as they have something that looks like it could be a hand, they raise and jam, even with two Ks in the hole. Sometimes they catch and make big money and sometimes they lose, but they make so much raising and jamming and sucking out....

I called one of these guys with J high one day just to see his cards - won a big pot and he left me alone. The table caught on and he left a little while later to do the same thing at another table. I think these guys must be brothers or roomates or something.

I HATE micro razz.

So, how'd the hand go?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The steal attempt is fine but folding would be non-horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
How exactly is folding non-horrible? Somebody's got to win those antes...