Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

83 on Boundary Oak in Walnut Creek with Four 3 putts, and more than a couple missed up/downs.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
last round: 80 cabo del sol(desert). 4 birdies (3 eagle putts)including the 313yd par 4 3rd. chalk it up to rental clubs/rental putter. won $10 on a $5 nassua which was big money for the guy i was playing w/ from fresno. funny stuff on a course that costs over $200 a round. thats why you cant hustle golf on a golf course.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I played Cabo del Sol the Desert course hadn't opened yet - it was like literally a week or two away, would have been sooner but a hurricane had come through a couple of months earlier and set them back.

It's fair to say the Ocean course is in my top five that I've ever played. Have you played both and if so how well does Desert compare? I can't imagine it's AS good as there are no ocean holes, but plenty of ocean views.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ive played both many times, desert is rediculously nice. 3rd best course in cabo now that el dorado is private (even then the eldorado private course isnt that good equivalent of palmilla). 2nd best course is cabo real. once the 4 new courses at pueblo bonita are opened these rankings will change dramatically.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Last round was 65, on Thursday. Better that normal. If I'm putting good I'll shoot 65-70, putting bad 71-76.

8 birdies in 16 holes, bogey on 17, lip out birdie on 18.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:23 PM

PAT sucks i can shoot 73 any day with tougher conditions and have done stupid [censored] during my pat rounds twice going again during summer seeing how we've had 5 days to play this season, good luck where do you go?
Old 04-29-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before anyone calls BS on my 330 5 wood it was downhill and downwind, and this thing exploded off the club face.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about physics of golf and stuff, but this implies to me that there is a very good chance your driver off the tee would have gone over the green. Not guaranteed but quite possible, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well given the wind factor I think a driver and a 5 wood would probably go close to the same distance since a 5 wood can really get up in the air and take advantage of the wind. But you're right, if I smoked a drive I probably could have came close to the green.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM

BRAG: 77 today

BEAT: 90 yesterday

VARIANCE: Back hurts like [censored]
Old 04-29-2007, 07:19 PM

Shot a 106 today [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. 48 on the front and a 58 on the back. So frustrating to completely fall apart like that.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:01 PM

Shot a 96 last Wednesday...exams this week but hope to get out after exams and take out some frustration on some golf balls and shoot under 90
Old 04-29-2007, 08:53 PM

82 today. Snap hooked two [censored] drives out of bounds. [Censored] playing the back tees. Missed a couple makeable putts too.

Mini brag: Recovered on the OB holes to make a bogey and a double even with the penalty.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:01 PM

81 yesterday, 82 today. Won $100 yesterday, lost $50 today. Hit it much better yesterday but scored poorly. Irons were awful today but made a couple of nice up-and-downs, including from the bunker on 18 to save par and about $40.