Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Help with a confusing as heck girl (long)

I will try to make this short, but it is a lil complicated.

I dated a girl all through high school so i never had to worry about how to pick up chicks or anything. Long story short she cheated on me lied to me blah blah so we broke up about 1/2 year ago and I am starting to get back into the game cos I found a couple cool girls.

I went to college for a semester and decided that particular college sucked for me so I moved back home and am now attending community college. I met a high school girl senior there at the gym and that is where the story starts.

A little bit about the girl: she is very confident, very skinny but athletic (nice bod) mexican and very pretty (I am into the ethnic chicks for some reason). Very fun and is the ASB prez at her school. She has dated 4 guys and all have been jerks, I actually realized I played baseball with him and he was an absolute dick.

I am a nice guy by nature, and that is how I have always been. I can still flirt and am very good looking from what I have heard, so I am not afraid of that.

Ok on to the complicated part: we started texting and facebooking a lot outside of the gym, and we were gonna hang last weekend but she got sick. We texted all weekend tho, and I got many positive signs, like when I asked what new cologne to buy she said I will go so I can approve. Also she said that it comes easily to trust me and she doesnt trust guys hardly at all. We went to the mall together on tuesday this week and it all went well, except for one thing; I checked my phone afterwards and it had a text from her when we were at the mall (she was texting her girl friend) and it read "He is too nice I am trying to tell him I don't want a bf".

THe night before, she wrote a note on facebook that was this picture with writing and all these phrases, like "I want a guy who will kiss me a million times; who wont be afraid to say i love you in front of his friends etc" and this was in the middle of when we were wall posting eachother like 5 straight times. And then I see that text and I am confused. THen she writes a survey note and in it it asks if she is single and she said something to the effect of "single for a lon long long time I am done with relationships for A WHILE".

My girl friend said this is her being confused, that her heart says go for it but her head is telling her no. Thoughts on how to approach this? How to keep the nice guy thing but find a way to flirt or whatever?

Side note: her school girl-ask-guy dance is next saturday and she still hasn't asked anhyone and I told her I would go if she couldn't find a guy, but she still hasn't asked.

HELP PLEASE!! thanks guys and girls
Old 03-22-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Help with a confusing as heck girl (long)

-She thinks you're cool enough to hang out with, but she's not totally into you
-She's immature as s.hit, and has no clue what she wants
-She likes to play games and likes being pursued by an older guy
Result: You'll pursue and you'll get signals pretty intermittently that she wants something, but it will never amount to anything. You might score a semi-drunk hook up or two, maybe some MOSs, but you're not getting laid and it will never turn into a real relationship.

Honestly, she has you wrapped around her finger, just like she wanted to do. Probably a confidence-builder for her because she's been jerked around. I'm a "nice guy" too, but believe me it doesn't mean you can't get any. Just got to respect the fact that some girls aren't ever into that.

If you really want to hook up with this girl, blow her off a bit, introduce another girl into the equation, then you stand a chance.

I hope I don't sound like a prick. You sound like a good, self-aware guy, and I have no doubt you'll have a ton of success getting hot/cool girls, but this isn't one of them. I messed around with a girl like this basically from 8th grade to senior year of high school. It was cool, I got laid a few times, a little experience all around, but you get older and just have no patience for the same ole games all day long. The thrill disappears really quickly. Don't get hung up on this one, she's nothing special.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:19 AM

Oh and in case I didn't make this clear, you're probably too good for this girl. And if you're not yet, you will be soon.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:27 AM

Those are all good points man, thanks. I am not getting too invested cos of above mentioned reasons, I am thinking about just playing the distance game a little and making me pursue her...maybe even allude to other girls see how she reacts. Basically I wanna play head games with her to make her chase, cos you are right if I keep doin what I am it will end up with me being wrapped around her finger and it not workin out. She is going to college far off and her family might be moving where she is going so it is not like I want a long term thing ya know, what do you think about this strategy?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:48 AM

So wait, she accidentally sent YOU the text message, or her friend just relayed it to you?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 AM

Yessss, we haven't had one of these in too long! *gets popcorn*

After reading: Show her the text message and ask her to explain.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yessss, we haven't had one of these in too long! *gets popcorn*

After reading: Show her the text message and ask her to explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the most awesome thing I've seen in quite a while if OP would "johnny on the spot" her like that. Very cool.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:28 AM

You are [censored] around and playing games with her so she's [censored] around and playing games with herself.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:40 AM

don't get hung up on her .. if she asks you to the dance thing, THEN pursue otherwise abort
Old 03-22-2007, 12:52 PM

immature obviously.... just be more agressive

you went to the mall with her all day... did u not ATLEAST give her a little kiss goodbye or something?

if not you need to do it, avoid the friend zone and show the agression and confidence she wants in a guy