Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 AM

Default 200NL AK oop in 3bet pot

Okay guys, got a general question regarding how to play spots like these against loose aggressives. At the time of this hand villain's stats were 30/19 and he'd been very aggro, this was after 60ish hands. At the end of the session I had 200 hands on him and his stats shifted to 20/18. So keep in mind that the information I had to go on was that a 30/19 raised button and called my 3bet.

What's my line on this flop? What about if I flop top pair? What about something like a Q85r?

Any input is appreciated.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $225.00
Hero (BB): $238.40
UTG: $232.70
BTN: $218.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30.00</font>, BTN calls $22.00

Flop: ($61) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Hero cbets, c/fs, crai???

Pot Size: $61.00

Main reason I don't like cbetting here is that he pushes a lot of his range and I can't really call. Then again I probably have a relatively high success rate depending on how often he pushes flop as a bluff. What about CRAI to get value from unpaired hands I can beat as he will almost certainly cbet here?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: 200NL AK oop in 3bet pot

I think a 2/3rd pot cbet wins the pot over half the time. If you really think he's playing back at you then bet/call or bet/3betAI.

This is not a flop I would be check folding though, it is very unlikely to have helped him, so he will either be a) forced to play a huge pot with a medium pair b) bluff with a worse hand c) fold.

In the long run, cbetting ~$40ish will make him make a poor choice.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 AM

Just bet and take it down. He misses that flop a lot.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 AM

I bet $40 on almost any flop. If I hit tptk I'll check sometimes and bet sometimes.