Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Kimbo Slice vs. Mercer 6/23

Yes that Kimbo Slice of internet-backyard-bareknuckle-"bread"-video fame is making his first sanctioned MMA fight against former heavyweight champion 46 year old "Merciless" Ray Mercer.

I am all about Kimbo Slice in this one, but I got a funny feeling people will be asking questions if this fight was a work/fix. Remember this fight is an MMA rules fight with takedowns and submissions allowed.

Mercer is a champ who has been in the ring with Holyfield, Wlad Kiltschko, and Lennox Lewis and most recently Shannon Briggs (in 2005). Mercer is known for having one of the best jabs in boxing history and have a strong chin, but Shannon Briggs KO'ed him 7 rounds which I didn't see coming. I think Mercer is shot he just showing up for the paycheck.

Kimbo on the other hand has been working out with Bas Rutten. Kimbo has be working on cardio and actually MMA manuevers (GnP, subs, kicks).

Kimbo is going off at -180. I think number is so generous. Kimbo should be close to -250, but everyone is just concerned about him since its his professional MMA debut, but he is fighting a 46 year old exclusive boxer.

I just someone tells Kimbo to keep his chin down and left hand up and he will win.

Tuds