Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
Im not in the slightest bit surprised the PPA has done nothing. The only thing I've seen come from the PPA is the fact they fleeced hundreds if not thousands of poker players cash off of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually to be fair they hired D'Amato. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. But the UIGEA specs haven't been too bad, and nothing new has come out. Obviously some of this has been because the democrats won congress. But whatever the reason, I'll take it.

Sadly this is exactly the way Washington works. One connected person as a lobbyist makes a bigger difference than we could ever imagine. So I give them credit for that.

I just wish they would take these opportunities to expand their scope.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:48 PM

yay we win!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
N82, its sounds as if you have been in contact with Mark Seif regarding the HH's. I realize you said that helping with an investigation is something you are open and agreeable to, but have you asked Mark? I understand that might be difficult, but his acceptance would be greatly appreciated, and a refusal would speak volumes. PS, not to beat a dead horse, but thank you for all the hard work you have been doing. Jerry Yang says you are doing Gods work BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was contacted by someone today who told me AP was looking for a 2p2 rep to be involved in the audit and that I should get in contact with a certain person. While I'm not a 2p2-related person or even a mod (please to be a mod? ... I mainly just want to be able to read the mod forum), I would be happy to get involved and report my findings and feelings back to the 2p2 community.

I contacted the person at AP that was looking for a rep and I have not heard back.

[/ QUOTE ]

U wouldn't seriously consider visiting Costa Rica, would u? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 07:51 PM

Is there ANY chance that if AP gets shut down, they take existing players cash along with them?

I'd love an answer as although I'm not on AP, two of my school buddies have significant amounts online there (one at AP and one at UB).

Thanks to anybody who has any info on what's going to go down. The comment about the FT support guy saying both sites are gonna burn worries me a bit.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the scariest part -- the suspected bots have aburptly vanished when this AP scandal hit its peak, around the time when AP said a third party auditor would be looking at their system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow at this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

druffs statement is wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, as I said, it was thirdhand information.

Maybe this won't be another scandal. I hope it isn't. I've had all I can handle for right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno how much of a scandal it is but im about 90% sure that bots have been prevalent in these games.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'd rather the PPA stick to fighting the legislative/regulatory fight rather than policing the industry. I think the only good the PPA can do in this situation is to control how this story is spun in the press and to policymakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have issued no statement of any kind-thats horrible.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ike,

Reread Chump Change's post from earlier in this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
ike,

For a number of reasons, enough is enough. You are aware these threads are being read by EVERYbody, including the people at AP, and you are obviously worried about the hi5-6(?) figues you currently have tied up and subsequently afraid you will never see a dime of ANY of it if AP pegs you as one of the 'bad guys'. These fears might have merit but you don't need to shout down every contrary post and speculation all the while loosely defending the integrity of 'the company' just to prove otherwise to any AP bigwigs that might be reading, and quite frankly the schtick is laughably transparent.

I like you and I personally pledge the first $500 installment in the pledge to get you repaid IF you don't see your money, but for the time being relax. Your behavior is bordering on trolling and your attitude that only the handful of players that lost to doubledrag are the ones ACTUALLY affected is obtuse and very disrespectful.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) I'm not worried about being pegged as a bad guy, at all.
2.) I shouted down what I thought was unfounded speculation. Some of that speculation has turned out to be true, and thats what makes me look like an ass. I've realized that this thread is mostly about speculation (with the exception of ad, N's and a few others posts) now and I've made my peace.

As for acting like this only affects me and other players who actually lost money-

I am worried that the "little guys" in this whole ordeal, me (-30k), A2STEAKSAUCE(-8k), THEGRINDER(-80k) and a few others, are getting swept under the rug in the name of justice for the "entire poker community." I feel that the reason for this investigation shouldn't be to take Absolute down as a company, but to first get the money back of the aggrieved players. I realize that your average joe has an interest in making online poker a safer place to play, but I feel that the actual harm done to me and others should trump that concern. It also annoyed me greatly that a few posters questioned whether I deserve to get my money back, hoped that I lost all my money, questioned if I cared about whether or not AP came clean and expected me to take their idealistic positions so easily when they had no direct involvement in the case. I got hot under the collar, and I don't think its unreasonable that I did. For that, I am sorry, but I maintain my position that the mob mentality that has developed in these threads has lost track of what should be most important in this case.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there ANY chance that if AP gets shut down, they take existing players cash along with them?

I'd love an answer as although I'm not on AP, two of my school buddies have significant amounts online there (one at AP and one at UB).

Thanks to anybody who has any info on what's going to go down. The comment about the FT support guy saying both sites are gonna burn worries me a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the chance is, of course, always there. Despite it looking more plausible now, I doubt it will come to this.

Anyways, they should cash out ASAP.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:57 PM

knowing nothing that isn't public information about the PPA, my wild guess is that they haven't issued a statement because they are pretty much 100% about legalizing poker in the US and 0% about anything else. make of that what you will.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

I hate to say this, but I think this is going to be a hollow victory. There's such a lack of visibility into who controls what in this basically unregulated (except by shams like KGC) industry that "AP" could be dissolved and these same guys could easily be running other operations, except they'll probably be more careful now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the IRS looking into unreported income angle for the AP top brass

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these guys even paying taxes to the IRS? If you're gonna launch an online poker site, aren't you pretty much renouncing your ability to set foot in the U.S. ever again (or at least until the legislative landscape changes) without being arrested?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not from the US but I have a juridical formation and know a bit about IRS (I'm sure there are a few US lawyers here so they'll have a far better opinion than mine) : Of course, they don't have to pay IRS if they live and have their economical/familial interests in another country but I've read quite a few times that US citizens, <u>wherever they live</u> , have to pay a small tax if their income is above a certain limit / Tax based on their worldwide income, wherever they live. Just trying to put my 2 cents here for the little I can help. This tax thing might be the only way to grab the balls of the perpetrators (Al Capone example), anyway private justice is always risky.

Concerning other aspects of this cheaters story, there are a few aspects that are quite intriguing to me :
- The obvious cheating (in the 400.000/1.000.000$ figure ?)
- The super-mega obvious chip dumping (the 300.000$ that were chip-dumped in one HU HS session ? Or am I wrong ?).

Speculations are widely open. Sorry for interrupting the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that at least one of them applied for naturalization as a citizen of Panama. I assume this is because of tax and legal reasons. I wouldn't doubt if they all had done similar to avoid possible tax/prosecution.

[ QUOTE ]
Not that it really has much baring at this point, but according to this website, it appears that Oscar Tatum has immigrated from the USA and is attempting to become a citizen of Panama

http://www.migracion.gob.pa/eng/soli...;s_fecha_cita=

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread