Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Flopped set OOP against überfish

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

<font color="blue"> Villain is running at 62/14/2 over 50 hands. The table had a high average pot so I decided to watch the action for a bit. Villain in this hand pulled an insane river bluff after just a few hands. I decided to sit down. This came up almost immidiately. I had raised after villains openlimp a hand or two before.</font>

Dealt to HERO: 55

HERO ($20.50)
BB ($20.80)
UTG ($8.20)
MP ($20.00)
Button ($16.92)

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.20, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises to $0.8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">HERO bets $1.2</font>, Button calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">HERO bets $3.2</font>, Button calls $3.20.

River: ($10.60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $11.72 (All-In)</font>, HERO?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Flopped set OOP against überfish

What hand do you have?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 PM

Hmm, I'm puzzled as to why that wasn't included. Like the topic says, I had a set. A set of fives to be specific. Not sure how big of a difference it makes which set. Sorry for incomplete information tho. Dunno what converter I should use with microgaming

/LB
Old 07-09-2007, 02:03 PM

call
Old 07-09-2007, 02:22 PM

He clearly states dealt to hero 55. Horrible spot against a loon your getting 2-1 on his river push, the fact that he has not once tried to rr suggest donk draw, river bet says hes hit fold and get him later.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He clearly states dealt to hero 55. Horrible spot against a loon your getting 2-1 on his river push, the fact that he has not once tried to rr suggest donk draw, river bet says hes hit fold and get him later.

[/ QUOTE ]

It said flopped set in the topic. I edited the post b/c it didn't state my exact holding.

I agree with you in part about trying to find a better spot.
The character of this particular villain makes me lean a bit more towards a call though. He showed to me earlier that he is capable of crazy bluffs(He doesn't know that I know this since I was merely observing at the time, even though I dont think it makes a difference against your average madman). The nature of loons at my stakes is this; They play hard and gets felted after a few orbits. They rarely reload. It's very sensible to wait for a better spot against terrible players. The problem is you dont always get them. This is a tough call indeed, but I might not get another crack at his stack.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:35 PM

I would call. Besides Villain's recent history, which is a compelling reason to call in itself (I don't see too many LAGs give up on bluffing the river after getting caught just once), there aren't really a huge multitude of 6x hands that you'd think he'd be calling with on this flop (although who really knows?). Or I guess there are a lot of 6x hands he'd get to the river with, actually, but there are tons of other hands he could have as well, most of which you beat.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call. Besides Villain's recent history, which is a compelling reason to call in itself (I don't see too many LAGs give up on bluffing the river after getting caught just once), there aren't really a huge multitude of 6x hands that you'd think he'd be calling with on this flop (although who really knows?). Or I guess there are a lot of 6x hands he'd get to the river with, actually, but there are tons of other hands he could have as well, most of which you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the little I've seen him play and knowing that most uNL-ers, especially the mad ones, does the same thing over and over, I just cant see a good enough reason to fold to his all in getting almost 2:1 on my money. I expected him to bet ATC when checked to. Guess there is not much more too it really. I just feel so uncertain in most hands and wanted the input from more experienced players.

thx
Old 07-10-2007, 01:51 PM

Oh, and villain had 96d.