Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 AM

Default 200NL hand question

Typical loose passive 1-2NL at Mandalay Bay. Hero is on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and $175 behind.
UTG Limps, UTG+1 Limps, MP1 Limps, MP2 Limps, Hero limps on button. SB raises to $8. BB and all limpers call. Pot is ~$50 after rake and jackpot drop.
Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $25.
MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero on button calls $25 (should I have raised?). SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds. Pot is ~$125.
Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $75.
BB goes into tank and eventually calls, UTG+1 folds. Pot is $275.
River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
BB checks, Hero goes allin for $67.
BB agonizes and calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and wins with a higher flush.
Should I have raised on the turn; not played the hand? Should I have gone allin on the turn in case the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] was out there?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: 200NL hand question

Dont show results, shove turn.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont show results, shove turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry, noob mistake. Too late to edit.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:58 PM

i raise pre often in this spot, but not always. i do always raise flop though unless the better was such a nit that he was only betting with sets or better.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i raise pre often in this spot, but not always. i do always raise flop though unless the better was such a nit that he was only betting with sets or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the better wasn't very aggressive or a nit. He could have had any 1 pr, plus maybe a gutshot. Or maybe like K9. probably would have slow played a set.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:26 PM

preflop raise should intend to exploit the fold equity of limpers. i raise 7-8bb or limp, which is perfectly fine considering hand strength. raise is better with top pair type hands i think.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 PM

nobody makes plays OOP in these type of games, so raising the button with anything playable is profitable if you are capable of playing moderately well post flop and dont overdo it. i dont hate the limp and trying to win a huge pot multi-way either.. but i definitely am raising this flop, if a 9 is in his betting range then we have fold equity and a ton of outs if he goes station on us. also could potentially fold out a bigger fd behind.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM

raise the flop!