Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:27 PM

Default TPGK vs tag OOP

Ok, jut curious to see how others would have played this hand. I'm looking for advice on all streets. I'm seriously considering folding this hand preflop because villain is a TAG at 23/8/2. (tag fish) As played though what are you're thoughts? As I've looked over the hand I feel that a C/R on the flop would be best and then a fold to a 4bet and a c/c on the turn if he calls a C/R on the flop... good bad? All thoughts welcome. Assign villain a range please. I feel like this C/R on the turn is brutal simply because I'm totally committing myself to a hand where I'm almost never likely to get called by worse.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $10.45
BB: $10
UTG: $11.05
MP: $10.05
CO: $20.25
BTN: $19.60

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.35</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds

Flop: ($1.15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.15</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.15

Turn: ($3.45) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>

Results: $8.45 Pot ($8.45 Rake)
Old 11-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: TPGK vs tag OOP

pf is fine 80%+ of the time.
c/r flop to like 3.75...if he raises ur behind
if he calls i would think its safe to assume ur behind...

def show agression on flop though
Old 11-16-2007, 04:38 PM

What about a 3-bet PF? KQ is an easily dominated hand and I would be much more inclined to 3-bet this in position and c-bet flop if checked to me. If he 4-bets or donks/raises the flop then you can easily fold.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:44 PM

i prefer folding pre. youre OOP with a crappy hand. a 23/8 raises UTG...
Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Oops - thought you were BTN - I think a fold PF is better here.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:49 PM

Fold pf and you can probably fold turn. Turn c/r is terrible. This guy isn't the type to double barrel here not to mention this isn't a good spot to double barrel anyways and hand like QJ probably aren't even in his range given pf. This is basically why you should have just folded pre.

edit: and a 23/8/2 isn't tag he's pretty loose passive. When he raises utg and bets flop multiway and continues on the turn he probably has a hand.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pf is fine 80%+ of the time.
c/r flop to like 3.75...if he raises ur behind
if he calls i would think its safe to assume ur behind...

[/ QUOTE ]

So why do you want to c/r the flop?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, jut curious to see how others would have played this hand. I'm looking for advice on all streets. I'm seriously considering folding this hand preflop because villain is a TAG at 23/8/2. (tag fish) As played though what are you're thoughts? As I've looked over the hand I feel that a C/R on the flop would be best and then a fold to a 4bet and a c/c on the turn if he calls a C/R on the flop... good bad? All thoughts welcome. Assign villain a range please. I feel like this C/R on the turn is brutal simply because I'm totally committing myself to a hand where I'm almost never likely to get called by worse.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $10.45
BB: $10
UTG: $11.05
MP: $10.05
CO: $20.25
BTN: $19.60

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.35</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds

Flop: ($1.15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.15</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.15

Turn: ($3.45) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>

Results: $8.45 Pot ($8.45 Rake)

[/ QUOTE ]

i normally 3bet this pf but given your ine check raise flop then bet turn. fold to aggression? I havent check stat sorry LOL
Old 11-16-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i normally 3bet this pf but given your ine check raise flop then bet turn. fold to aggression? I havent check stat sorry LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not 3b this preflop. You are probably behind his opening range and his calling range has you absolutely crushed.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:59 PM

His UTG range will be something like: 88+,ATs+,KJs+,AJo+

Without knowing his cbet tendencies, its hard to know if he cbets air into 3 people on that board. I'd lean to weighting his range on the flop towards made hands. Probably something like 88+, AQs, AQo, KQs etc. He definitely can have AK, KJ etc here though, we can't exclude that yet.

His turn betting range is much much tighter, this is either a hand that beats you or air i think [weighted towards hands that beat you heavily.] By raising, you will reduce his range right down to hands that crush you.

As played, I like calling the flop and really hate raising the turn, you're never getting called by worse here imo. I think i'd call the flop and probably fold the turn, but folding pre is definitely the key here against this opponent.